Peugeot Scooters sold

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Peugeot Scooters sold

Post by StephenC »

Will become 100% Mahindra owned and there are seven new bikes planned for launch in the next 2 years. With luck there'll be a new Satelis or equivalent.

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-ne ... ndra-sale/

Mahindra Two Wheelers Europe is taking full control of Peugeot Motocycles (sic), with a 100 percent stake in the French company.
Mahindra had already acquired part of Peugeot’s motorcycle division: it bought 51 percent in January 2015.

Peugeot bikes will still be badged as such. Mahindra has a trade licence agreement with Peugeot to continue with the name. In fact, in spite of Mahindra buying out the bike division, there will still be a working relationship. Peugeot will continue working on motorcycles in ‘close co-operation with PMTC management and the Mahindra Group’.

The company’s base of operations will also remain in Mandeure, France. Over the next two years, seven new bikes are planned.

“This decision by the shareholders will ensure that Peugeot Motocycles benefits from the expertise of a significant global player in the two wheelers industry,” said Jean-Philippe Imparato, executive vice president of Peugeot Brand. “We at Peugeot will maintain our commitment through our utilisation of the Peugeot brand and extend our support to design and technological innovations.”
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Re: Peugeot Scooters sold

Post by riders in the storm »

I like the look of the Pulsion 125. If they made a 300 version at a good price I would be interested.....

The dealer network looks a bit thin in the North Wales area though......
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

The tweet I bought last april 2018 runs lovely,
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

richie the 1st wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:01 am The tweet I bought last april 2018 runs lovely,
That's because it's a rebadged SYM Symphony...
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

I do wonder how many different brands and models the market can take, even in more scooter-friendly parts of Europe. Half the stuff I see in Italy ultimately comes from the Piaggio group, and as complying with emissions regulations becomes more and more difficult/expensive I can only assume that we'll see more and more badge engineering.

My first scooter was a Peugeot Trekker 50; cracking little thing, until the gearbox exploded, seizing the rear wheel. Fun times...

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

EvilRacer329 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am I do wonder how many different brands and models the market can take, even in more scooter-friendly parts of Europe.
There are literally dozens of companies in China churning out scoots by the 1000 - wait until they get their act together properly and start selling in Europe!