Tmax 560 unveiled!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Tmax 560 unveiled!

Post by Stephen »

EvilRacer329 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:16 am My T-Max is actually the first engine-mode-equipped bike I've ridden where I've been won over. In every other case, it seemed like they'd been installed to pacify marketing rather than add any genuine value. "Sport" is usually so bad around town you have no choice but to change to "Tour", which is so lethargic you'd think something was broken.

On the T-Max, I ride in Sport mode when I'm having fun and the throttle response is noticeably sharper than on the modeless stock version, but it's still usable in town. In fact, if you're dicing with traffic and need to nip in and out of gaps it's preferable! Tour is very lazy, and works great for rolling on and off the throttle while touring in a group, where snappy response is unnecessary or even undesirable. I will admit that much of the benefit is due to it enhancing or counteracting the natural mushiness of the CVT, and it's possible that I'll never encounter a geared bike where engine modes make sense.

Just my two cents, so to speak.

Nick
I use sport mode 99% of the time,i thought the ‘T’ stood for Town Mode,which would explain why its more lazy feeling ,it feels as if one is riding with the handbrake on :D

Is the 560 gonna be released in the UK,i am not due for a renewal yet Anyway,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:59 pm

Is the 560 gonna be released in the UK,i am not due for a renewal yet Anyway,

Steve
Yes, its on the Yamaha UK website - both the standard and TechMax versions. No prices yet

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

My apologies,the T is for Tour,just done something strange for me and actually looked at the manual :kiss:

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Due in showrooms next month too apperently.
Dezzie

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

If anything, I'm surprised that Yamaha didn't take the opportunity to swap out the monochrome TFT panel and dash for an all-singing, all-dancing colour screen. I have mixed feelings about those personally, but it's the way all high-end flagships are going, and this is supposed to be their flagship scooter. Then again, if they're trying to keep costs down by doing the minimum necessary to squeeze through Euro5, this move makes sense. If the current design is selling well in the markets they care about (and by all accounts it is) then why spend money you don't need to?

On the other hand, I'm glad that they were able to find a way to continue selling the T-Max despite the new regulations, as I'm very happy with the bike as-is.

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

This is Yamaha's 'half-step' upgrade - they tend to produce a full new version once every 6 years and an upgrade basically using the same engineering after 3 years. There might be a complete new version in 2022!
It was noticeable that the dashboard was completely unchanged in the version - they usually have a restyle if nothing else as it looks different and is cheap and easy to do. I'm very wary of these new fangled displays, there are OK to display things, but the more options they have the more complex they are to operate - which is hard enough for the increasingly middle aged like me, and possibly lethal if you try to do things on the move!!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

btw has anyone heard anything from Suzuki about replacing the Burgman 650? Its vanished from the websites, but I read somewhere was that there was going to be a replacement.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:46 pm btw has anyone heard anything from Suzuki about replacing the Burgman 650? Its vanished from the websites, but I read somewhere was that there was going to be a replacement.
Just seen 2020 model on youtube from Milan show suzuki uk dropped it not on website.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Eicma show is still showing the current Burgman 650, no changes.
Dezzie

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:01 pm There's an old topic on here where someone had noticed Suzuki UK has discontinued the 650 Burgman back in June.
Exactly - I thought the rumour then was that a replacement was expected, though it seems that its just been dropped in the UK.