Tmax 560 unveiled!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Tmax 560 unveiled!

Post by bikerdezzie »

Dezzie

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Tmax 560 unveiled!

Post by MrGrumpy »

I wonder how much that pointless crap video cost to make?
As far as I can see, they haven't changed it at all over the mk6 apart from the extra 30cc.

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/produ ... ers/sport/

All the specs on yamaha website.
Heated seat, grips and electric screen, cruise control and more.
Dezzie

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

Dezzie

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

Dezzie

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Having read through all the specs I plan to get up close and personal at MCL, but it looks very much like a tweaked version of my '17 DX. The majority of the changes will have been forced by complying with Euro5, hence the larger capacity displacement and lower gearing - it's what every single manufacturer is doing with every single model as a way to squeak under the limits. Given that there was a restyle just a couple years ago it's no surprise that this is little more than a tweak beyond that.

As to the video...that's marketing for you. You think it's stupid because you're not the target audience. But the world is full of younger guys who think scooters are for kids/girls and this video aims to send a very simple message: beefy, brooding tattooed artist bodybuilders ride this scooter, don't you want to be like them? Their advertising agency will have done their research and this content will have been very carefully planned; I suspect it will be extremely effective.

Personally, the most interesting feature to me is the slimmer bodywork making it easier to get my feet on the ground, but that's not likely to be enough to get me to trade up!

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I think they've raised rather than lowered the gearing ' for easier cruising'. I bet any bodywork changes are marginal at best.
The interesting thing apart from the slight power increase is that they've played with the suspension settings to improve the ride, but I thought it rode rather well anyway, at least until the bumps in the road got too severe! It looks as if the dual power modes - one of the DX's more pointless features - is now standard on all models. Its not clear from what I've seen whether the base/SX/DX models are retained - it appears that only the base model will make it to the UK. No mention of the DX electric screen being available!

They are now claiming it produces almost 48bhp, but I don't believe their figures!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oh should have watched the video - what was DX is bascially now the TechMax. Shudder to think of the price!

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

My T-Max is actually the first engine-mode-equipped bike I've ridden where I've been won over. In every other case, it seemed like they'd been installed to pacify marketing rather than add any genuine value. "Sport" is usually so bad around town you have no choice but to change to "Tour", which is so lethargic you'd think something was broken.

On the T-Max, I ride in Sport mode when I'm having fun and the throttle response is noticeably sharper than on the modeless stock version, but it's still usable in town. In fact, if you're dicing with traffic and need to nip in and out of gaps it's preferable! Tour is very lazy, and works great for rolling on and off the throttle while touring in a group, where snappy response is unnecessary or even undesirable. I will admit that much of the benefit is due to it enhancing or counteracting the natural mushiness of the CVT, and it's possible that I'll never encounter a geared bike where engine modes make sense.

Just my two cents, so to speak.

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

There are loads and loads and loads of photos here....most of which look identical to the mk6!

https://moto-station.com/scooter-statio ... 020/456536