Tmax 560 unveiled!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Tmax 560 unveiled!

Post by StephenC »

bikerdezzie wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:03 pm ... We need a new game changer that wipes the floor with current models with a cleaner look that is easy to pull to bits for tinkering and modding.
My ideal scoot would have the Xmax engine, Tmax handling, Forza's tech, the J300's looks, Satelis' thoughtful design as well as easily removable body panels and quick access to battery, fuses and all bulbs. Not all that fussed about modding personally though.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Vehicle design changes like fashion; I loved 80's cars, tolerated 90's cars, hated 00's and 10's cars, and now things have gotten all pointy and hard edges I'm happy again. Same is true for bikes - was never a fan of smoother lines, and actually really like the current design language. But everything comes around, and before you know it everything will be all blobby and bulbous again. ;)

As someone used to going against the flow on these things, I'm used to accepting that everything manufacturers do is driven by what sells. If people don't buy it, they'll quickly change it. Vote with your wallet! :)

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

EvilRacer329 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:39 am Vehicle design changes like fashion; I loved 80's cars, tolerated 90's cars, hated 00's and 10's cars, and now things have gotten all pointy and hard edges I'm happy again. Same is true for bikes - was never a fan of smoother lines, and actually really like the current design language. But everything comes around, and before you know it everything will be all blobby and bulbous again. ;)
I'm with you on hating blobby designs and liking hard edged ones! The fashion I want to change is colours! When I was a kid in the 60s and 70s cars (especially) were all sorts of far out colours - mustard yellows, bright oranges, vivid purples. Now all vehicles are black or white or various shades of grey - so DULL !!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Motorcycle Monthly's (rather brief) impressions of riding the new Tmax

https://www.morebikes.co.uk/64231/world ... -for-2020/

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Mmm yeah, where's my metallic emerald green and deep crystal reds! :D

Nick

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Dezzie

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

bikerdezzie wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:57 pm Verdicts in!
https://scooterlab.uk/the-2020-yamaha-tmax-560-launch/
I think he liked it! The mk6 goes like hell, so if the mk7 has distinctly more punch, it must seriously go well.
A couple of odd comments though eg clutch engaging at 4000 rpm not 4300. You can get drive from about 1500 rpm on the mk6.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Visordown review in Video form (not bad actually)

Not sure I'm keen on the ride being firmer than the mk6 - the mk6 glides round town, but gets a little firm on the bumpiest roads.

Base model is £10,200. At only twice the price of a new Italjet Dragster 125, it has to be good value!

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

I thought hia vid was crap, typical biker journo, sorta saying its great for a city bike, but its no match for a big proper motorbike on the main roads as you feel the handling not as good, shows he cannot ride one at its full potential, seemed half arsed, says at end its his last ever vid at visordown and some of us may or may not like that, hints to me he got the elbow and could not be that enthusiastic on his last one, rather Iggy Grainger or someone else who has ridden them all did a video instead as he knows what he is talkjng about.
Dezzie