Buzzing from ? Screen area Mk 3 T Max

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Buzzing from ? Screen area Mk 3 T Max

Post by tmaxrobbo »

hi all . I have a new to me 2009 Mk 3 T Max 13000 miles , had it a month and love it . In this cold weather there is a buzzing coming from the screen area though it is not the screen . Its worse when cold and comes at 30-40mph . I have taken the screen off to ensure all is tight and its fine . nothing obviously loose under the screen or cockpit . There are a lot of panels that could vibrate but the engine is very smooth . The bike runs really well and had a major full service 1000 miles ago , new belt + filters . as I say the bike runs well , its just a bit annoying . I guess fitting an Akrapovic would drown it out :mrgreen:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Buzzing from ? Screen area Mk 3 T Max

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'm surprised you can hear anything with the appalling racket the mk3 screen makes!

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Yes I know . Update Now revs to 7000 rpm and does 10 MPH !! Either belt is worn or clutch worn out . I have never had a clutch go on a T Max but yesterday it started revving faster and going slower . Managed to get it to the dealer as it had a new belt 1000 miles ago . They are stripping it to see . Jeez , had to buy a new tyre last week as it picked up a nail . No such thing as a cheap T Max !!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I have heard of a few clutches failing. FunkieCowie had to have a new clutch on his mk3 - which is now mine!

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Yes its the Clutch . The friction plates have broken and the heat distorted the metal plates . New plates etc / labour and it will be sorted . Apparently Mk 3 T Max's had this problem though there was no recall , the plates have been updated

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

New clutch , oil coolant . Just under £500 to fix , but had the use of an X Max for a week . Great little bike , but nice to get back on the T Max tonight . Hoping no more expenditure other than fuel . The MK 3 is a great T Max but getting old I guess . I normally get a new one every 3 years but this one looked good. We will see .