Stuff to keep under your seat

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Re: Stuff to keep under your seat

Post by newscooter »

Gaffer tape and zip ties always useful even if it's for other folk ! Puncture kit and 12v pump if going any distance. The tools that came with the bike used to be adequate, is it the same nowadays ?

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Basic tool kit. Allen key set. Puncture kit with inflators. Torch. First aid kit.Spare gloves. Handlebar lock( pulls brake lever to handlebar).plastic ties.Adjustable spanner.waterproof cap. Notebook and pen. Spare Wallet with all denominations of coins, twenty pound note. Roll up seating mat.

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Fun fact I discovered while travelling this summer; the access to the battery box on the current T-Max requires a torx bit, something that isn't included in the standard toolkit. Wasn't a problem, fortunately, but could have been a show-stopper. No point carrying a starter pack if you can't get to the battery terminals...

Nick

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

rayb wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 pm I've got a puncture repair kit but would almost certainly call out the AA, unless I was in the wilds of Borneo.
Somewhat prophetic! Got a chunk of glass in the rear tyre. AA man came out at 6.30 and put a bung in but looks like a new tyre is needed and he said no more than 40mph and no further than 100 miles. Booked in tomorrow.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Ah, yes there's always the risk that just discussing something makes it happen. :(
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

rayb wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:18 am
rayb wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 pm I've got a puncture repair kit but would almost certainly call out the AA, unless I was in the wilds of Borneo.
Somewhat prophetic! Got a chunk of glass in the rear tyre. AA man came out at 6.30 and put a bung in but looks like a new tyre is needed and he said no more than 40mph and no further than 100 miles. Booked in tomorrow.
Sods Law is an amazing thing. The 40mph restriction sounds a bit OTT - OK you may not want to do 200 miles down a M-way at 80 on it, but I think 50 -60 mph will be fine for a bit. At least it keeps you mobile - the snag can be that if a new tyre is needed, it can need ordering as Maxi tyres aren't the most common things around. Tyres can be permanently plugged in many (but not all) circumstances but its a judgement call whether its worth it depending on how many miles its done already etc.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:03 am
rayb wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:18 am
Sods Law is an amazing thing. The 40mph restriction sounds a bit OTT - OK you may not want to do 200 miles down a M-way at 80 on it, but I think 50 -60 mph will be fine for a bit. At least it keeps you mobile - the snag can be that if a new tyre is needed, it can need ordering as Maxi tyres aren't the most common things around. Tyres can be permanently plugged in many (but not all) circumstances but its a judgement call whether its worth it depending on how many miles its done already etc.
The lanes I take to the dealer are mainly 40mph max in current conditions, so I'm not unduly worried. The tyre has around 6K on it, so I'll get a new one.

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

Under my seat you’ll find a lock/chain,standard toolkit+Couple Allen keys,small can WD40,few cable ties,spare helmet visor,small Tuff map book and magnifying glass ( terrible eyesight lol. )

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

I have few extra tools. adjustable spanner ,cable tie's, puncture kit.D'lock , woolly hat. an couple of bungy straps. oh and a map.
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

This is what maxsym owners in Greece keep under the seat