NEC M/C Show - earplug tangent thread

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Re: NEC M/C Show - earplug tangent thread

Post by Stibbs »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:23 am As Meldrew says the Alpine ones are probably the same or similar to the ones sold by Pinlock. For me, they can be good, but get dislodged too easily when I put my helmet on, and after a couple of cycles of plugs in, helmet on, helmet off, put plugs in again, I say sod it and go back to the foam ones - which do work very well for me.
I forgot to mention in my first post that these Alpine plugs come with a little plastic “fitter”
You place the plug on the end then insert and twist into the ear canal. This allows the plug to fit right into the ear. Works a treat. :D

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Ear plugs have arrived,in a nice little case,ear comfort lotion gel included,apparently a little dab helps to insert the plugs,once the tube has finished,i guess a lick of the tongue will be adequate,i have the filters in mine and a cleaning tool is included,a sterile wipe for cleaning is recommended,damp tissue might be my choice,not recommended to emerse them in water,i opted for a lanyard for mine,if it gets in the way,easily removed,my choice of colour was blue.I unusually read the instructions on fitting,red writing on right earplug,blue writing on left earplug,easy to fit,and sitting here typing they feel comfortable and ok,yet to put my skid lid on,i am out for breakfast tomorrow with the motely breakfast crew,so will wear them,might take a couple of rides before i come back with a review,original ear moulds were returned,so have put them away in a safe place(just so long as I remember the safe place :D )

I paid £85 delivered,so its not the end of the world if they don’t suit me,i have took a couple of photos,but as I rarely post pictures,i need to work out how to post pictures again.

Regards

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

After i managed to post all my photos on here,i think i have now posted just the single photo of my earplugs,a moderator may have to correct it if i have messed up,i am still a little bit of a dinosaur where computers are involved.

Steve
Last edited by capitano on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: copied image onto postimage site
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Looks all good Steve (then notes Ged edited the post).
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Thanks Capitano👍

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Stephen wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:28 am ,once the tube has finished,i guess a lick of the tongue will be adequate,
Please be aware - I've seen warnings elsewhere, from someone who should know, about the infection dangers of putting human saliva in your ear.
It really isn't a pleasant substance...
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Greyerbeard wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:59 am
Stephen wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:28 am ,once the tube has finished,i guess a lick of the tongue will be adequate,
Please be aware - I've seen warnings elsewhere, from someone who should know, about the infection dangers of putting human saliva in your ear.
Does it depend on whether its your saliva or someone else's???? Sorry, that may not be a nice thought.....

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:18 am
Does it depend on whether its your saliva or someone else's???? Sorry, that may not be a nice thought.....
There was a girl once, long ago and far away... :lol:
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

I take your point :D so i’ve gone mad,ordered some proper cleaning cloths from ultimate,when the tube of gel to help insert the earplugs has finished I’ll order some more,at £6 a tube it aint gonna break the bank :?

About 65/70 miles to the breakfast meet yesterday,so wore the earplugs,made a point of turning the sat nav on,could hear the instructions ok and the radio played from the iphone was clear the filters work well,i am unsure if i had’nt inserted them correctly,but stopped after about 15 miles as they were irritating a bit,stopped and had a fiddle about and continued,they were a bit better,could be the fact i have never wore earplugs made it feel strange to the brain.With the screen down,i could still hear the wind a bit,but nowhere near as bad without the plugs,i was up to dual carriageway speeds though :D could’nt hear the exhaust,once i raised the screen the wind noise had gone,the lanyard is a very good idea i think,means it’s difficult to drop them on insertion and removing,when you stop for tea,they just hang around your neck,so it’s a easy reminder to insert them for the continued riding,i am happy with them.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright