Yet Another Disaster

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 4154

Re: Yet Another Disaster

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:33 am I'm pretty sure now that I didn't fit it - I don't think it let you take the key out until everything was fully locked.
If it's like the Givi one I've had for years on various machines, you're right. It sounds very much like you didn't put it on. There's no way to have accidentally put such a box on insecurely, and you could hardly be blamed for the box falling off due to a failure of the securing mechanism, so any suggestion that you should pack in riding is, frankly, risible.

I remember Julian's box falling off, I think it was a toss up as to whether it was Mike or I who got on the radio first! I can't remember how many times it bounced before it came to rest and, much to its credit, it didn't burst. That was a good thing, because it contained Julian's underpants from the tour we'd just been on :lol:

I can well believe someone has picked it up - people will nick stuff first and ask questions later. Whether the thing they've stolen is any use to them or not is a different matter...

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

I once had an OS Map blow out of my tail bag. Realised quite quickly and retraced my short route. It had gone! Baarrrstards !
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

horobags wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:01 pm...bike sounded quite loud one day before realising his helmet was still at home...
Done that... :oops:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

SH125Paul wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:30 pm
horobags wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:01 pm...bike sounded quite loud one day before realising his helmet was still at home...
Done that... :oops:
Well, I'm obviously totally senile yet! A couple of times I've forgotten to put my earplugs in, but I usually notice this pretty quick!

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

When I went to pick up my 2nd Honda sh125,had to walk then get 2 buses,waiting at the bus stop it was raining wondering something was wrong,just couldn't think why.Any way buses stopped at my bus stop,not the one I wanted.then came the right bus,got on,then it hit me,i had let my crash helmet indoors,bollocks got off walked home,walked back.waited more time,still raining,changed buses then picked up the sh 125.And rode back,in the rain.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.