Yet Another Disaster

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Re: Yet Another Disaster

Post by Stibbs »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:45 pm
Stibbs wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:24 pm
Seriously?
In all honesty;
A) can’t remember putting topbox on?
B) usually notice when one falls off? (The implication being this has happened before).

Have a look in the mirror. The guy looking at you should hand the keys of his scooter to a new buyer and give up riding.
You’re a danger to other road users, surely? :shock:
Thanks for your support. As I said, I had a mk1 Tmax where the box did fall off a couple of times - its never happened on this one (or any other scoot. Do you remember every routine thing you do on autopilot?
I’m not being deliberately nasty, honestly. No, I’ve never done any of the things you’ve done and don’t know anyone else who has.
A topbox falling off? Potentially lethal, surely?
Can’t remember whether if you fitted it in the first place? Can’t believe anyone can do that!!
No, I’m being truthful and mean no disrespect. However I seriously think you should review your riding future.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Theres a cheap one on my sym hd 200 but last owner put couple of bolts straight thro box and the plate so that's not going anywhere .So that's my advice if buy a cheapy bolt it on don't rely on the clicky bit .As a box they are okay for what they cost .

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

:D Don't listem to 'em Mr G -you're only 61 ffs!

I'm similar with my routine stuff but these days I have to add a 'double-check' to my routines in order to get to my destination and back with everything I started out with!

I left my wallet at Tescos earlier this evening! :roll: My checking routine let me down however, tonight!

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Top box locking mechanisms are a pain in the arse - I had one fly off - however I do concede user error - I’m now 62

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

Bit harsh to suggest McG pack in riding.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'm pretty sure now that I didn't fit it - I don't think it let you take the key out until everything was fully locked. I think someone must have helped themselves to it, though why as being all plastic its no good to the scrappers, and as I have all the keys, its not much use as a topbox!

Still, I've managed to have my Givi base plate fitted to the Yamaha rack, so I can get a reasonably priced Givi replacement.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

If it's a Yamaha box you can think it is locked but it isn't quite catched though you can remove the key,
that's what happend in my case even though I always try to lift it off to check to the point of lifting the
rear of the scoot to the limit of its suspension travel it's still not quite locked, I suspect that's what
happend to you.

We live and learn.
Ride on.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ralph wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:49 am If it's a Yamaha box you can think it is locked but it isn't quite catched though you can remove the key,
I always thought it was a very badly designed box at the best of times!

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Ignore those who say pack in riding, Mr G. I've left top boxes open. Left my glasses in a trolley at Tescos and gone half a mile before I realised things were a bit blurry. Still there when I got back to Tesco! I even forgot about a girlfriend,, leaving her outside a cafe. I realised after 200 yards then went back saying I was doing a test drive. :lol:

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I must admit , questioning your' riding future' is a bit OTT.
I wouldn't mind a pound for every time Ive pulled up 50m up the road and checked the top box has clicked in properly, or ridden off without me gloves on. A mate said his bike sounded quite loud one day before realising his helmet was still at home. I've left panniers open.
Last year me and the wife rode to Broxton cafe Wrexham about 45 miles, on arrival both starving hungry I realised my wallet was left at home. :? Wife was well impressed.
Looking at most road users in the UK in 2019, I think our minor forgetful issues are,,, well,, very minor.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.