I'm thinking of sticking with the scooter

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Re: I'm thinking of sticking with the scooter

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Thinking about it now I think it was the shock of '£1100 for insurance' that led to me thinking of forgetting it. Now I am thinking of going ahead and changing the scoot for a car. All things considered I will have to sort out the insurance/working nights thing by phone or email, if only to avoid any potential problems if I have to make a claim after an incident while at work. Quote Me Happy looks promising. I will email them and see what the outcome is. Apart from this it looks like going through the Yellow Pages and spending a few hours on the phone, but judging by my experience so far this isn't likely to get me any further than I have already.

As to keeping the scoot and having a 6 wheel policy, not really an option. For how often I will ride plus practicalities it isn't worth it.

Oh yes, the work car park is CCTV'd, and although this hasn't prevented quite a few break-ins and thefts over the last couple of years it may be worth mentioning.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

I think you will find Quote Me Happy will do fine. Email to say you do shift work and park in a works car park and they will ok it. Keep any email they send you. Good luck!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Maxsymuppet wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:26 pm
Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:18 am Try comparison web site like go compare or compare market .
I don't want to have a problem where my car is stolen ot broken into on the work car park (where I work this is unfortunately quite likely)
Maybe that's why the insurance company is quoting £1100?

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

A Skoda Citigo is a great little car, but if I am being honest, it isn't going to be stolen by the joyrider brigade....

So if you leave it in a works car park overnight I would leave absolutely nothing in it, and make that obvious by leaving the glovebox open and the back seats down and no parcel shelf in. Then the scrotes can see straight away there is nothing in it to break in for either.......
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Joyriders can't hot wire a Citigo. Older cars yes but not the Citigo.They would need the keys to joyride as is the case for all newer cars now unless you have a keyless ignition system which can be activated with the right equipment. The main issue is one of vandalisation and theft from the car, not I suspect car theft.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Theft from parked cars ? Oh deary me, although I’m well retired at 82 I carry two mobility scoots in my car, one each for the wife and me for use when we visit hospitals with huge car parks, it would be horrible to find the car broken into and the scoots stolen but it’s well locked and alarmed, the bigger bikes don’t come out much these days particularly in the winter.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Just noticed the aforesaid maxsym 600 is in highway motorcycles wolverhampton @£3999 just seen on ebay .