Winter Withdrawl Symptoms !!!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Re: Winter Withdrawl Symptoms !!!

Post by Luckydave »

I am still venturing out for a short blast on my Burgman or if dry my Superdream,no salt on roads although damp/greasy just riding with winter gloves and textile jacket.Wombat see you’re out in Hunter valley I hope the bush fires not affecting the area,I love the area and was there last year with our family.I will be back next Christmas for a few weeks.Haven’t got round to hiring a bike out there yet as haven’t found anything but modern bikes and Harleys.Off out for a ride later today and ride safe everyone

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I'll be out on the Burgman for a couple of hours this afternoon, 9c and no rain, yet the roads are wet and greasy.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

Nice 40 miles on the Burgman bright sunshine and 9 degrees! Very therapeutic :D

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Dry roads and pleasant dry weather in Cheltenham yesterday; 5 miles away on top of the Cotswold escarpment it was soaking wet, mud and slime everywhere, and heavy drizzle...was glad I was in the car!
Bikes can stay downhill for the time being then...
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Wombat
Current Ride: X Max 300

Post by Wombat »

Nearest fire is 50 km west of us in Wollemi National Park, has burnt out 511,661 ha and extends 200 km south to just north of Sydney. Both Mrs Wombat & I are members of the 'NSW Rural Fire Service' and have been called in to cater for fire crews. Saturday was very hot (44C) here and we had crews on standby. I had to ride to Singleton, 48 km south at 5 pm and wore finger less gloves. The X Max was showing 46C on the screen, the reflected heat off the road was slowly cooking the back of my fingers and the brake levers were almost too hot to pull. The engine temperature stayed normal so the X Mas cooling system is up to very hot weather. I am not sure that I am, I would rather 9 degrees C and some rain for a change.