Chinese upping their game

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Chinese upping their game

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Re: Chinese upping their game

Post by riders in the storm »

A nice enough looking copy of an Xmax.....?
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

That's all it is - just a nice enough looking copy - for 2020 and probably inferior all round, both in design and materials used.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Not sure about the position of the display behind the bars? Difficult to see if you’re not leaning forward I’d assume?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stibbs wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:21 am Not sure about the position of the display behind the bars? Difficult to see if you’re not leaning forward I’d assume?
The scoot probably isn't that tall. You may actually find you have to crouch down to see the display!

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

They look nice and might really be worth a go if you are a sunny day only biker or in a better climate.

Most of the things you see that go through winters soon have a very browney orangey look to them sadly.

I`ve seen one winter machines so rusty its almost like you wonder if its a time slip job !!! ( ie 10 + odd winters !!! ).

I bought 2 front winter tyre`s this year made by a good brand were supposed to be superb in snow etc ( European made ).

But when they came horror of horrors the 5 letter word was now on the side. I should of sent them straight back, but I called the usually top drawer manufacturer, oh they are just as good same spec and compound etc etc don`t worry.

But after some snow they are the worst winter car tyres I ever used in 25 odd years. And some odd EU cheapies etc in there but still far far better than these.

A bit of a witter on there, but it does show there needs to be some real improvment yet.

But they do look fantastic scooters.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Pretty pictures, but who wants to risk their hard-earned on it being better than Chinese crap of yore though? Not me.

If anyone does, I would be very interested to read about it.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Jaz wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:40 pm Pretty pictures, but who wants to risk their hard-earned on it being better than Chinese crap of yore though? Not me.

If anyone does, I would be very interested to read about it.
If they were to arrive here, they'd likely be either under the badge of one of the more respected Chinese brads (eg Sinnis, CFMoto or UM/Lexmoto ) or else rebadged as something like a Benelli, or another of MotoGB's brands.

Either way, they would be far better than the non-established-brand scooters from the early '00s bike-in-a-box period.

Whether they'd be good enough for me or thee to part with cash for 'em, probably not in your case, but I might ... or might not ... caveat emptor. 8-)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well, as far as we know, the Chinese assembled PTWs for brands like BMW are basically built OK, but with someone like BMW you assume that getting spares etc in the future won't be a problem. But if you are buying a Chinese brand you've barely heard of, will you get spares / importer back up? After all, if the UK Sym and Kymco importers can make such a hash of selling really good scoots, what chance do you have with lesser brands?

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

exterior wise upped the game howabout the electrics and mechanical side of the copy or is it still like it was put together in someone's shed ?
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.