Insurance time again

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Insurance time again

Post by rayb »

Reminder come in from Hastings Direct - last year £150.00 this year £176.00 even though NCD has gone from 1 to 2 years. I got a comparable quote from Mackenzie Hodgson for £153.00 including breakdown cover, which I'll need as the scooter will be out of warranty. I wonder what Hastings will come down to?

I've not come across MacKenzie Hodgson before. Has anyone any views on them?

rayb
Benefactor

Re: Insurance time again

Post by rayb »

Hastings came back with £161.14 including breakdown cover with RAC. I've gone with that.

wilsonsteve
Benefactor

Post by wilsonsteve »

I was with Bikesure. Their renewal quote was silly, more than I paid when I first came back to biking and had no NCD.
MacKenzie Hodge are bikers - Niall(?) Mackenzie was a racer, I believe, but both claim to know that bike insurance is a ripoff and promise to deal fairly with bikers.
Their quote to me was £76 less than Bikesure, and included all the same benefits.

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

They don't fare well on Trustpilot.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Never heard of Mackenzie Hodge - have to have a look. Bikesure are pretty good price wise for me and my 2 Tmaxs, if a little odd to deal with if you take a policy out.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Rung up for mine few weeks told them if they didn't give me a reasonable price I would go some where else,they did and it was better then I asked for.So rung up some where else,got a lower price,rang back to my insurance people told them to do better still,and they did.So why cant they do it in the 1st place ,all was free numbers.
If you don't ask you don't get.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I agree,I`m with a certain very large biker insurer, and mine was £120 odd last year, but this year the renewal was £196.

Well I have AA family anyway so did an oline job and from about £77 for basic Fully Comp.

So called mine up and they imediately wanged down to £115 in a flash and I added the £4 no claims protection as cheaper so £119 for more cover.

But they know the market etc so why not just offer me that anyway as a 25 odd years customer too. Same thing with the buildings, and car etc every year.

Mind you we can`t complain as Bike ins is cheap these days, especialy compared to when I started out back in the dark ages.

My son paid £2K for his last year !!! for a little small engined car. I`m pretty sure cars were cheaper when I started out on 2 wheels.

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

I guess they make a lot of extra dosh out of people who don't bother doing comparisons and asking for a better price.