Spotted!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Spotted!

Post by MrGrumpy »

It could have been a possibility for me, as my commute was relatively short, but the 62mph top speed wouldn't have been very good on the fast dual carriageway I used at the time. And of course it was stupidly expensive, compared to a petrol scoot.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Spotted!

Post by capitano »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:24 am It could have been a possibility for me, as my commute was relatively short, but the 62mph top speed wouldn't have been very good on the fast dual carriageway I used at the time. And of course it was stupidly expensive, compared to a petrol scoot.
Yep, which is a good basis for comparison to show the progression of electric PTWs.

Back in 2006, I was looking at buying a top of the range T-Max Black Max. The retail price was around £5500.The Vectrix was £7000.

In 2020, Supersoco's CPX has the same top speed as the Vectrix, a greater range and a price tag just over £4k. A base mode T Max costs £10,200.

I have only included the T-max as a comparison of prices against performance, not as a direct competitor.

In reality, taking like-for-like, the EV was 127% of the cost of the T Max. Now it is 41% of the cost.