universal screen deflector

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Tanker man

Re: universal screen deflector

Post by Tanker man »

Hmmm, very interesting Muddyfox. That throws a few more options, and dilemmas😂, into the mix!

Think I might have a look for a smaller screen now as I do find certain time’s my head gets bobbed all over the place with the wind buffet and the noise is dreadful without foam ear plugs. I have no chance of listening to a sat nav or music as it stands at the moment even if it’s at full volume.

Thanks, now time to go and waste some hours on the internet and have a look and see what’s about.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oh its a good game! And before you get too obsessed with net research, remember that these things are totally personal - what works for someone else might not work for you (and vice versa)!! It will depend on your height to an extent at least.

Yes, a shorter screen can be quiet, and a very short screen even quieter - but you will tend to lose wind protection. It could be great in the summer but bleedin' freezing in the winter (been there...done that!). A tall screen is normally protective and quieter, but can lead to odd aerodynamic effects such as the wind on your back, or vulnerability to crosswinds or whatever. As I've said before, I've found that deflectors like the Puig one or the Laminar Lip have always given me positive results, but of course its not guaranteed. As a deflector is usually pretty cheap (far cheaper than an alternative screen) and easy to do, its probably worth a dabble to see - if it doesn't work then you won't have lost too much.

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Hi, have a Givi air flow on our 400, being able to adjust the height so can get that personal best for yourself, bit dear to buy but we intend to keep the scoot, also when on its lowest setting can see over it when raining, fully raised is comfortable with open face helmet in summer visor up too is not a problem, suits us?

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

horobags wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:55 am thanks andy. is that the single point fix??
yes mate . there are 4 grub screws that clamp the bikes screen. then there are two that hold the extra screen on.. this can also be moved into loads of different positions. higher / lower.plus angle of tip. the only bit to watch is when you tighten the 4 grub screws ,there is a little metal shims to spread the preasure of the screws against the screen. , and they twist sideways from the turning of the grub screws themselves. but other than that it works really well.. solid once it's fitted too .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

phantom309 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:25 pm
horobags wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:55 am thanks andy. is that the single point fix??
yes mate . there are 4 grub screws that clamp the bikes screen. then there are two that hold the extra screen on.. this can also be moved into loads of different positions. higher / lower.plus angle of tip. the only bit to watch is when you tighten the 4 grub screws ,there is a little metal shims to spread the preasure of the screws against the screen. , and they twist sideways from the turning of the grub screws themselves. but other than that it works really well.. solid once it's fitted too .
ordered one. ;)
thanks all.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.