universal screen deflector

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

universal screen deflector

Post by horobags »

loads knocking around on e-bay, Ive read (somewhere) that the inexpensive chinese ones do the job?? anyone got one, or had one??
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 7077

Re: universal screen deflector

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Very good for what they cost and easy to fit .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I've got the Puig universal deflector on both my Tmaxs, and on both give an improvement (ie reduction in noise). It seems that the worse the screen, the bigger the improvement! It transforms the mk3's appalling screen to be quite reasonable, whilst it makes the mk6's screen (which wasn't too bad to begin with) a bit quieter. My experience is that such deflectors always bring an improvement, though how much of course may vary!
They don't seem that complex in design (with the possible exception of the Laminar Lip) so I guess there is no reason why a Chinese ebay special shouldn't work - though the wind forces are quite high, so make sure it's securely fixed.

Deleted User 7077

I'd go for the 2 hinge one over single hinge type it fitted k7 burgman okay

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I have a single hinge one and it works a treat but I'd agree with Julian about the 2 hinges.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I must admit I prefer the ones that screw through the screen. I just don't trust those hinge mounts, without having any particular reason or experience why!

Deleted User 7077

There's rubber inside metal bracket clamping screen both sides and 2 grub screws on each hinge seem solid enough to me .I tried to pull mine off didn't budge.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I have the single-clamp jobbie which was kindly donated by kayz1. It has been on the Nmax since Feb/Mar '18. The only thing I would comment on is that the cheaper deflectors will not be of the high visual quality you'd get with quality sceens and more expensive deflectors. There must be a reason the Givi deflector costs 3x as much.
I'm not complaining about mine because I don't have to look through it. But cheers, once again kayz1! Forgot to mention that mine works very well as a deflector for 125cc speeds. :geek:

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Just return to the magestic sh300i

spdtwn
Current Ride: Vespa Sei Giorni HPE + MP3 250

Post by spdtwn »

Got one on T-Max and one on MP3 for over a year now. Both from Ali Express. Found them to be well made, never required re tightening and worthwhile as far as wind deflection and some helmet noise reduction.