Rideouts around East Anglia?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bimblevonslow
Current Ride: Xmax 250

Rideouts around East Anglia?

Post by bimblevonslow »

Anyone have plans for any rideouts in the next few months in the east anglia area (herts,cambs,essex,suffolk,norfolk)?

It was almost springlike today, nearly time to dust down the bike!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: Rideouts around East Anglia?

Post by mottza »

I'm sure we'll sort something out.

But by all means arrange one yourself and see who comes (like me, Harvey, my Dad, Roger and Ian who are all in the area.

To be honest mine hasn't been out since Oct 20th and doubt it will be out this month as it needs to be stored in my parents garage whilst we have our new kitchen is installed
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I would but like not in the next couple of months due to health issues, once those are sorted I'll be out and about a lot.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

mottza wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:05 pm I'm sure we'll sort something out.

But by all means arrange one yourself and see who comes (like me, Harvey, my Dad, Roger and Ian who are all in the area.

To be honest mine hasn't been out since Oct 20th and doubt it will be out this month as it needs to be stored in my parents garage whilst we have our new kitchen is installed

:? Because you normally park it in the kitchen? Wish my wife were that understanding...

:lol:
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

I need room in our garage for the kitchen delivery.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

The C90club forum have an official East Anglian camp and rideout weekend (rides on Saturday and Sunday) over the late May bank holiday weekend, 24 - 26 May.

The main site is yet to be decided but the rideouts will be covering North Essex and South Suffolk.

Maxis welcome as long as everyone realises that the rides are at Cub speeds, and may go on unpaved roads from time to time that are accessible to Cubs.

8-)

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

Unpaved roads in North Essex - That'll be be main roads here then with the potholes and non existent ECC maintenance.

bimblevonslow
Current Ride: Xmax 250

Post by bimblevonslow »

mottza wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:05 pm But by all means arrange one yourself and see who comes (like me, Harvey, my Dad, Roger and Ian who are all in the area.
Hmm, something to think about. I'll post something here if/when I'm brave enough to arrange something.
capitano wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:53 am The C90club forum have an official East Anglian camp and rideout weekend (rides on Saturday and Sunday) over the late May bank holiday weekend, 24 - 26 May.
That sounds like it might be fun. Offroad though - gulp! Are any other muppets planning to go to this on their scooters?

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

Off road it's dry will be OK.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

capitano wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:53 am The C90club forum have an official East Anglian camp and rideout weekend (rides on Saturday and Sunday) over the late May bank holiday weekend, 24 - 26 May.
That sounds like it might be fun. Offroad though - gulp! Are any other muppets planning to go to this on their scooters?
[/quote]

They are fun. We //generally// have someone assigned to take an alternative route if there is a byway or unpaved route. The exception being the Saturday of the Peaky Rider weekend in Matlock which is mostly byways.

I probably won't be at the East Anglian this year sadly, but they are great fun. Of the C90club events I've been on, I can't remember one where someone didn't turn up on a maxi scooter , including the late, great SteveW who did all the nadgery backroads on the Isle of Wight run on his MaxSym.