Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Nearest dealer from Dy8 that can order from 8.51 miles .Nearest dealer with one in stock on show 63.3 miles according to web site .Mind you finance deal £64 month over 5 years not bad as long it lasted 5 years trouble free .

Chieften 125 in stock 8.51 miles away

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

capitano wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:16 pm
Lexmoto do not build motorcycles.

What they do is select bikes made by a variety of different manufacturers, road test representative examples, and if they approve they add them to their range wearing a Lexmoto badge. Pretty much the same way Sinnis operate, too.

Sometimes their decision is better than other times. That's why you'll find Lexmoto models that aren't so good nor durable. And you will also find ones like the 10 year old Lexmoto Gladiators still knocking about in my neck o' the woods.
Interesting....but that makes it a bit more of a gamble doesn't it, by adding another degree of uncertainty into the equation. Its one thing for a brand to have a factory and you can form an opinion on the quality of their product, but if your scoot could have come from anywhere....who's responsible for quality control?

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Kymco or Sym, Taiwan, well made quality bikes.

But a litle over priced now sadly.

Not sure what I was reading but it mentioned production of something moved out of Ch/a to Vietman to up the quality !!!

I`ve mentioned elsewhere my once superb winter tyres now moved to Ch/a to be made are now terrible.

But I see the Royal Enfield 650 twin made in India sounds like its fantastic and great quality and went through an absolutely fantastic quality control and testing regime and it does sound as if its piad off.

In fact going to open another thread on these.

I know one of the muppets at least who had very bad luck quality wise etc on one one of the better !!! ch/a made motorcycles.

Plus the BMW 400 scooters many issues.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:34 am Interesting....but that makes it a bit more of a gamble doesn't it, by adding another degree of uncertainty into the equation. Its one thing for a brand to have a factory and you can form an opinion on the quality of their product, but if your scoot could have come from anywhere....who's responsible for quality control?
It does. Variability, you'd hope, would be reduced by the parent company, Llexeter's choice of what bikes to bring in (and crucially what ones NOT to.)

However, of the Lexmotos sold locally over the last 12 or so years I regularly see the aforementioned Gladiator scooters, and a handful of the CG-clone engined bikes, the Vixen and Arrow up to a decade old, and not a lot else over 3 years old.

It could be because the dealer has moved out of town, or more likely that these bikes were the ones with built-in longevity, whereas the rest weren't! :shock:

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

XP500FUN wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:50 am Kymco or Sym, Taiwan, well made quality bikes.

But a litle over priced now sadly.

Not sure what I was reading but it mentioned production of something moved out of Ch/a to Vietman to up the quality !!!

I`ve mentioned elsewhere my once superb winter tyres now moved to Ch/a to be made are now terrible.

But I see the Royal Enfield 650 twin made in India sounds like its fantastic and great quality and went through an absolutely fantastic quality control and testing regime and it does sound as if its piad off.

In fact going to open another thread on these.

I know one of the muppets at least who had very bad luck quality wise etc on one one of the better !!! ch/a made motorcycles.

Plus the BMW 400 scooters many issues.
As I mentioned on another topic I'd be wary of lauding Royal Enfield too much

Notwithstanding the fact that they are distributed by MotoGB, who can't even make a decent business from a premium scooter brand like Sym, the product isn't always up to the standard they'd have you believe.

Back in '17 a mate called to ask if I had any experience of Royal Enfield as he was working with them. They were on the crest of a huge marketing wave, and millions of rupees had been pumped into boosting the positive image of RE.

My response was that my only dealing with them was based on them failing to deliver on what they had promised, and that thankfully this had happened before I laid out hard cash for one of their products.

"It's all different now," I was told, "Game changing new products (the 650 twins) and had I heard of Itchyboots and her travels on the RE Himalayan?"

The conversation ended with his commitment to buy one of RE's game changing products, and he was looking forward to seeing how it compared to my Kawasaki W800.

I spent a lot of '18 in bed and with restricted mobility due to illness. He spent a lot of that time with a brand new Royal Enfield sat in his garage because it had been delivered, "unfit for purpose!"

I don't want to go into any more detail than that as it's obviously an ongoing legal issue. It's bad though, and to be frank I'd be a lot less patient than he has been in getting it resolved.

Anyway, with a chunk of money tied up in a bike he can't ride he picked himself up a, "throwaway," Chinese 125 that he rates as great fun , and which, because it's properly serviced and looked after, has given him absolutely zero problems putting many a mile under its (nylon) tyres..

8-)

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:01 pm Just idly searching the web and looked at the Lexmoto site - they seem to actually have an extensive dealer network with over 100 dealers across the country.
This is nothing unusual for Chinese/Korean brands. Daelim had a huge dealer network when I was running a NS125 prior to passing my test, but none of them had, or could get, any spares. The chap in Leeds who does all my MOTs was a Jianshe dealer some years back - that involved what was essentially drop shipping, where you have little or no stock and get bikes as required. The spares operation was in China, again with parts sent to order, which as you can imagine made all the warranty work he ended up doing a massive ballache. He sacked it off after a year. This Lexmoto effort will be a similar enterprise - smoke and mirrors.

As to who is brave enough to try one, Lexmoto is merely a sticker on the tank. I'd want to know who was making the engines etc. And then I still wouldn't buy one :lol:

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

:oops:
Jaz wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:56 pm
MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:01 pm Just idly searching the web and looked at the Lexmoto site - they seem to actually have an extensive dealer network with over 100 dealers across the country.
This is nothing unusual for Chinese/Korean brands. Daelim had a huge dealer network when I was running a NS125 prior to passing my test, but none of them had, or could get, any spares. The chap in Leeds who does all my MOTs was a Jianshe dealer some years back - that involved what was essentially drop shipping, where you have little or no stock and get bikes as required. The spares operation was in China, again with parts sent to order, which as you can imagine made all the warranty work he ended up doing a massive ballache. He sacked it off after a year. This Lexmoto effort will be a similar enterprise - smoke and mirrors.

As to who is brave enough to try one, Lexmoto is merely a sticker on the tank. I'd want to know who was making the engines etc. And then I still wouldn't buy one :lol:
I'm afraid it's quite the opposite, Jaz.

The spares situation for Chinese brands of the present and recent past is excellent. Spares are plentiful and cheap. They always were for the major Chinese brands. I never had any problem getting hold of Jinlun parts over a decade ago.

Check out the CMPO website (run by Lexmoto's parent company LLexeter) and you will see how extensive it is. In fact check out Lexeter themselves, the parent company. This is no fly-by-night operator here for the short term.

http://www.llexeter.co.uk/

When my neighbour over the road needed body panels for her Sym scooter they were non existent in the UK. MotoGB were no help whatsoever.

I helped her by pointing her to the CMPO website where she found from photos that the Sym shared similar bodywork with a Lexmoto Tommy, and a Lexmoto Valencia. She bought the panels (cheap as chips, too) and they fitted .

Daelim were Korean and you can't really lump any other countries' products in the same bag as those from PRC. In my experience, the Korean/Taiwanese bikes do suffer from a lack of available spares. As we have discussed many times in the past, a lot of the blame for that lies with the importers and distributors. Comparing Daelim to Lexmoto is like comparing Spud-u-like (remember them?) to McDonalds. Comparing Jianshe to Lexmoto is like comparing the newly opened chip shop on a short lease to McDonalds. 8-)

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

If anyone is still having doubts about Lexmoto's significance in the UK bike market:-

In fact that is being unfair to them, seeing as they only produced bikes in two of the capacity classes, 0-49cc and 50-125cc. Looking at the 2nd quarter figures for 2019 gives a better insight :-

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Theres no doubt they sell well question long term are the big name 300 'a worth extra long term for say a 5 year ownership.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Given that they are a rebadged scooter, sold already in other markets, a bit more info should be available.