Malossi drive belts?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: Malossi drive belts?

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Some honda are Bando some Mitsuboshi

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

i was on the same boat and been advised away from malossi belts so stuck to getting standard belts instead, was told the malossi belts dont last as long and are weak compared to standard belts when under strain
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Post by Taipan »

Thanks Everyone Honda belt and rollers are winging their way to me as we speak...

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

I've never tried a Malossi belt, but that's only because their products tend to be over-priced "performance" items. Saying that, in your position I'd just have used the belt given that you had it already.

I bought a £70 Honda Bando belt for one of the Helixes once, only for it to snap half-way through the 25000 mile duty cycle. From then on I've always used the cheap Taiwanese (£17-£20) ones, and binned them after 12000 miles regardless of condition (all looked like they were good for a few thousand more miles when removed).

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

OEM all the way

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

I put a Gates belt on my last Burger 400 no problems at all but they do seem hard to find.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Its just been serviced the last owner said and new Malossi belt and rollers too. Maybe he got ripped off but it had not just been serviced FFS and nor had it had a new belt, it looked like original Honda one to me. It did have newish weights in though, some kind of Dr Pulley ones. Anyway, it now has a fresh oil, filter, Honda belt, weights and sliders and a new air filter will be here in the week. I'm not particularly bothered as I like to start with a fresh sump of oil and new filters and because he said it was a malossi belt and rollers i bought it knowing i'd change them for Honda ones, but why do people lie?

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

A bit of difference...

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I brought some of those for burgman 400 cant tip out of place like dr pulley with little tabs on

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:14 pm I brought some of those for burgman 400 cant tip out of place like dr pulley with little tabs on
M
Yes my Dr Pulley did that. Hmmm might keep them then. Will see how i get on with OEM...