T Max Another recall......,,

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bugsy
Current Ride: Honda 750x dct

T Max Another recall......,,

Post by bugsy »

I parted with my T Max a few months ago unhappy with the mk6 build quality.

Yamaha wrote this morning asking me to return the T Max for a modification to the main stand due to welding defects causing cracks which may result in the stand failing and the bike going over.

Um......

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: T Max Another recall......,,

Post by MrGrumpy »

I shall await the postman with interest!!! My complaint about Tmax stands is that they rust, despite my coating mine in ACF50 on several occasions.

bugsy
Current Ride: Honda 750x dct

Post by bugsy »

Well you are going to get a new one quote ‘ replace the main stand with a counterbalance part’ whatever that means.....
My T Max was delivered two years ago today.....

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

bugsy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:17 am Well you are going to get a new one quote ‘ replace the main stand with a counterbalance part’ whatever that means.....
My T Max was delivered two years ago today.....
'A counterbalance part' :?: :?: English but not as we know it.
Your Tmax was delivered 2 years ago today - mine started its 4 month holiday in York after destroying a bearing in the transmission one year ago today!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Got mine! Since this is the busiest time of year for dealers, I wonder how long it will take to get booked in!

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

My letter was waiting for me when i got home,the Tmax is in for service on Wednesday anyway,it’ll be nice if the recall work can be done at the same time,i will phone them tomorrow....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:25 pm the Tmax is in for service on Wednesday anyway,it’ll be nice if the recall work can be done at the same time,i will phone them tomorrow....
It depends on whether they can get the new stand by then. My dealer said they'd have to get the parts then would ring me back to book me in.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

bugsy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:58 am I parted with my T Max a few months ago unhappy with the mk6 build quality.

Yamaha wrote this morning asking me to return the T Max for a modification to the main stand due to welding defects causing cracks which may result in the stand failing and the bike going over.

Um......
That sounds familiar and painful - exactly what happened to my 1972 Norton Commando before it was even run in.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Stephen wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:25 pm My letter was waiting for me when i got home,the Tmax is in for service on Wednesday anyway,it’ll be nice if the recall work can be done at the same time,i will phone them tomorrow....

Steve
I have changed the service date,put it back to 25th of this month,the stand should be in by then,it’ll make it easier for both me and the dealer to combine both the service and recall work....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Interesting...maybe we should keep a record of manufacture dates or something so we can try to figure out what range this affects. I stripped, cleaned, un-seized and greased the suspension linkages on my May 2017 model this weekend, and the centrestand is very rusty indeed. Wouldn't mind having a new one!

Nick