Interesting

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Interesting

Post by smeghead »

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answ ... ould-i-do-

If this is true Lexmoto should hang their heads in shame.

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Re: Interesting

Post by EvilRacer329 »

My partner used to work for Lexmoto, and she said that the quality was horrifying. Everything you've ever read about piss-poor build quality and substandard materials is apparently true. Worse, she said spare parts took forever to arrive, so claiming on warranty didn't exactly help much.

I used to wonder if the China would be the next Japan - coming in with cheaper stuff that embarrassed the established brands on every metric and made a mockery of our snobbery. Sadly, it appears that the only thing they've mastered is the price point.

Nick

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

I'm sure Ged will be along any minute to defend Lexmoto's umbesmirchably good name ;)

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Jaz wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:47 pm I'm sure Ged will be along any minute to defend Lexmoto's umbesmirchably good name ;)
You mean offering a balanced viewpoint based on facts and personal experience, Jaz? :lol:

Actually I fall down on the latter as regards Lexmoto specifically. I've never owned a Lexmoto. If I did I'd check out the spares situation on CMPO before I handed over cash.

From nearly 10,000 reviews, CMPO (run by Lexmoto's parent company) has an astonishingly good reputation.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/chines ... line.co.uk

You, and anyone else who takes an interest, knows that my opinion (and it is just that, carrying the same weight, or lack of, as everyone else's) is that you essentially get what you pay for. Accept poorer build quality, and the need for more frequent servicing, and you'll get value from your purchase.

Don't (and a lot of Chinese brand motorcycle buyers still don't) and you will be disappointed.

8-)

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

capitano wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:49 pm You mean offering a balanced viewpoint based on facts and personal experience, Jaz? :lol:
No. :lol:

You do know that a positive rating on Trustpilot is almost as worthless as a three year old Baotian 50, don't you?

Kids: friends don't let friends buy crap pocket-money Chinese peds. Go second-hand Japanese/European every time. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to getting my new commuting hack home :D

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Jaz wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:17 pm
You do know that a positive rating on Trustpilot is almost as worthless as a three year old Baotian 50, don't you?
What? You'll be telling us that Chechatrade is a similar con next, Jaz! :lol:

;)

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

moral of story dont buy Chinese scooters and pay that little bit more for quality assured manufacturer
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

kishan wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:33 am moral of story dont buy Chinese scooters and pay that little bit more for quality assured manufacturer
Snag is that one would gladly pay a 'little' bit more, but the reality is that products from Japanese or Taiwanese makers cost double that of Chinese makers. So its a question of you pays your money, you takes your choice.....

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

It's like anything else. Buy cheap, buy twice. It's happened with every pair of boots, gloves, kitchen appliances...almost anything I've ever bought. If I cheap out, I end up spending more money in the long run because it just breaks and I have to buy the good quality version after all.

Still, i've always wondered how much of the reputation is down to the sorts of people who buy Chinese bikes in the first place. If someone who looked after their bikes meticulously bought one, would it be as reliable as a Japanese equivalent at half the price? If a clueless 16-year-old bought a high-quality japanese scooter and abused it out of ignorance, would it shrug it off?

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I did see a video somewhere on Youtube made by some dealer or other about the longevity of small Chinese bikes / scoots, even when not well looked after by their owners. He claimed that they were actually quite reliable and dependable, though his definition of good condition seemed to be that it started, and none of the bikes/scoots in question had done a huge amount of miles or were over a few years old.