Interesting

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Interesting

Post by Data »

I'm told by the Sinnis dealer in my town that he is aware of several 8+year old Sinnis bikes on the road. That's perfectly plausible as Sinnis are nearly 15 years old here in the UK. Here's their website:

https://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/

Sinnis is linked to the Jinan Qingqi Motorcycle Co Ltd of China. They are original equipment manufacturers for many of the big makes of bikes and providers of complete engines and engine parts to Suzuki and Peugeot and many of the other big manufacturers including Harley. The quality is very high. Certainly the Terrain model that my nephew has is in reality as good as any Jap bike. After two years of thrashing around and 15,000 miles on the clock it's absolutely fine. Engine is as sweet as a nut, no rust on the bike, everything good with a nice taught ride. He's on his second rear tyre, that's the only thing that's needed replacing. It spends most of it's time at between 55-60mph on faster A roads for his commute. I strongly suspect the bike will clock 60-70,000 miles without trouble.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:55 am Another thing is they dont put these suzuki clone air cooled engines in scooters .

It's not a Suzuki clone engine, it's a Suzuki engine with a different name on it built at the same factory as all the other Suzuki engines for Suzuki bikes of that type. It's been licenced by Suzuki for that purpose.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:03 am I'm sure my Jailing helix copy was great at 6 months old at 5 years old it was scrap.
Why didn't you look after it? Having seen your last Burgman 400, I'm not surprised... :lol:

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I brought it at 5 years old for £150 lasted about 3 months .

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

There was a problem I believe with some of the Jailing Helix engines. They had a problem hardening some engine components which caused some to fail early. Some camshafts let go too soon. I remember replacing one for someone about 8 years ago. Other than that it was ok and it's still running today. Always liked the Helix.

I did some work for the Jailing Importer in Ipswich some years ago. It was a nice operation from what I remember. Don't really know what happened to them though. I know they featured in Twist&Go mag at one time.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

I’ve never heard of Jailing - def prefer Honda Helix parts as long as I can get them, built up quite a stock of OEM replaceable bits so far, just need to get out there, - maybe with the coronavirus spreading this is a good time ....

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Hi Jimo,

Many of the genuine Honda parts you have were probably made by Jailing. Jailing used to make all the brand new Honda Helix bikes and others for Honda in the Asian market place. After Jailing decided to go 'private' they even bought all the Honda tooling equipment from Honda and the licence to carry on building the Helix and it's engines. You could and probably still can buy a completely new Honda Helix engine for about £1900 from Jailing. But if you went to Honda the engine would cost 2 times that amount...yet it was likely still just the same engine made by Jailing. I haven't verified that but it's often what happens. Love the Helix.

Hope you are well Jimo.

Ian

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

The Jailing had a CF moto helix clone engine well mine did anyway .

Crap plastics as well not a patch on Honda helix .

Cf moto 250 clone was in lot of chinese quad bikes at the time.

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

OK different spelling but Jailing is what is needed for Stuart Garner!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

marval wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:52 am OK different spelling but Jailing is what is needed for Stuart Garner!!
Yes....its a minor detail of the whole disaster / scam / whatever, but it transpires that Norton owned no less than 6 Aston Martins - why would any sane company need any Aston Martins at all, let alone 6?