The C word

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: The C word

Post by Snail »

And I guess the same scenario applies to atms regarding constant multiple users and the need to use gloves?

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Petrol pump handles, door handles etc, any surface that the public touches, one after the other, without thinking about the surface and germs deposited on that surface.
I've packed medical gloves on my scooter, bicycle and in the car for these times I'd be forced to handle a public surface - which, let's face it, is everywhere and almost any time we go out. Mind you, I've still got to tell myself not to touch my face.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I imagine that money might be covered in the virus. So if you want to get rid of this terribly dangerous stuff, I'm quite happy to take it off your hands!!

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:00 am I imagine that money might be covered in the virus. So if you want to get rid of this terribly dangerous stuff, I'm quite happy to take it off your hands!!

Nice try. To put youurself at risk for the benefit of others - very worthy. :lol:

But HMG and the banks are ahead of you as they're raising the contactless limit to £45 from 1 April.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

And of course all that fruit and veg in the supermarket that is unwrapped, which of course lots of people campaigned for, would you buy it now?

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I dodged it last shop and bought cling-filmed broccoli.
I'm off out later this eve to shop for my 88 yr old parents - they want a bag of broccoli/cauli frozen mix :D plus a few other niche food items that I doubt I'll pick up in this war-time situation - I didn't tell them this of course!

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

We’re all doomed.......until we’re not icon_shit.gif

Filonian
Current Ride: Honda Integra 750

Post by Filonian »

The local police here in Filey were, quite rightly, questioning why people were visiting the town and had put bollards at the entrance to the main car park. There is no need i.e it is not essential to drive/ride to a beauty spot for exercise.

This follows a weekend where the town was as busy as any bank holiday with crowds on the sea front. Do people not have any common sense,
this is how the virus was spread so rapidly in Italy and Spain.

If people don't heed this common sense advice, it's going to be a long long time before things return to normal.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Filonian wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:25 am The local police here in Filey were, quite rightly, questioning why people were visiting the town and had put bollards at the entrance to the main car park. There is no need i.e it is not essential to drive/ride to a beauty spot for exercise.

This follows a weekend where the town was as busy as any bank holiday with crowds on the sea front. Do people not have any common sense,
this is how the virus was spread so rapidly in Italy and Spain.

If people don't heed this common sense advice, it's going to be a long long time before things return to normal.
I think Darwinism may play a part here: if people are too stupid and ignore the advice, what happens to them after is their own fault.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Trouble is that their selfish actions affect others.

Only 162 cases in Essex, which seems low.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125