The C word

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

The C word

Post by MrGrumpy »

So Boris has now put us all under house arrest....even Stalin never managed that!

So some questions arise on the maxi scooter (or Car) front - if anyone finds out what the answers are, perhaps they'll inform everyone.

Now I was supposed to have my new centrestand fitted tomorrow, and if I recall correctly Stephen was due to have his new stand and a service tomorrow. If all non-essential shops are to be shut, one would presume that this will include bike dealers & workshops? But even if they are open, presumably you aren't allowed to ride there anyway?

What happens if you need a repair or service in this lockdown? What happens if your MOT is about to expire?

You are allowed to leave the house for exercise - presumably you can take the scoot or car for this, as you would be allowed to take your car to go food shopping?

I feel that the treatment for this is going to be worse than the disease....

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Re: The C word

Post by kishan »

i believe MOT falls under essential business as you legally need MOT and if you cant work from home then you have to go into work so im guessing MOT garages are open
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

I feel that the treatment for this is going to be worse than the disease....
How can staying at home be worse than death? Thousands in Italy and Spain would be far happier in their own home than in a temporary morgue.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I will phone my dealer later,to see if they are open,they could well be closed,as i do not think they would be classed as essential,pretty sure they dont do m.o.t’s........at the end of this lock there could be some sparkling clean bikes and well kept lawns :D kinda guessed this was coming so a new strimmer is on the way,bucket and sponge ready to clean Max one day then the ADV another.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Motorcycle driving tests are suspended, as with some other vehicle types.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driv ... oronavirus

But this was done last week so I would guess it would be wise to keep checking the page daily.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Its a sad day when we have to have governments telling us what to do because we can't rely on common sense. Riding or driving is just as much isolation as staying housebound provided you stay clear of others and no sane person is going to expose themselves to danger by unnecessary close contact. I will try to get my tanks filled up today using an automatic payment pump. I've never used them before but I don't suppose its that difficult.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

roadster wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:33 am Its a sad day when we have to have governments telling us what to do because we can't rely on common sense. Riding or driving is just as much isolation as staying housebound provided you stay clear of others and no sane person is going to expose themselves to danger by unnecessary close contact. I will try to get my tanks filled up today using an automatic payment pump. I've never used them before but I don't suppose its that difficult.
This is why we have had laws since the advent of the Bible (and no doubt before that in other cultures).

I would advise keeping your gloves on while using the pump. Handily, from 1 April the contactless limit is rising to £45.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Just glad I got the Forza out for a run on Sunday.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Hi Mr C
That link doesn’t say bike MOTs are suspended only bike driving tests
StephenC wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:28 am Motorcycle MOTs are suspended, as with some other vehicle types.

But this was done last week so I would guess it would be wise to keep checking the page daily.
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Bluebottle wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:21 am Hi Mr C
That link doesn’t say bike MOTs are suspended only bike driving tests
StephenC wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:28 am Motorcycle MOTs are suspended, as with some other vehicle types.

I'll correct my post. Apologies!