600 mile service dilemma.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Re: 600 mile service dilemma.

Post by riders in the storm »

Ah, good, got to the end of this thread and see there is a happy ending....

Honda also have a statement on their website saying proportion of their dealer service departments staying upon to look after key workers bikes....

But talking about 600 mile services, my scoot has hit the dizzy mileage of 500 miles this week at 18 months old. I did an oil and filter change myself a few months ago. I've long given up on trying to comply with the warranty terms and will service it as needed and bear the risks myself.....
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

riders in the storm wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:19 am But talking about 600 mile services, my scoot has hit the dizzy mileage of 500 miles this week at 18 months old. I did an oil and filter change myself a few months ago. I've long given up on trying to comply with the warranty terms and will service it as needed and bear the risks myself.....
My 08 Mk2 Tmax is now 12 years old. It had it's 600 mile service when the first owner Craig had it. Then after I got it, in 2009, no official services.. I've done (sometimes my mate Clive has done it for me) the basic stuff regularly and kept a note of what and when. I've just used CMC Yamaha at Clay Cross for stuff we can't do. Despite this, they did give me a new fuel pump under warranty in 2015?
It's now done 39000 miles,, although it'll be stuck on that for a while , I fear!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Liam, if the fuel pump was a factory acknowledged 'fault' then no warrant is required on the bike, even if it wasn't a recall. I've had rectifiers replaced under warranty years after the actual bike warranty had expired, because it was acknowledged by the manufacturer that they had issues with them. Always nice when that happens eh!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...