600 mile service dilemma.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: 600 mile service dilemma.

Post by Snail »

Our burgman is getting close to 7500 mile service still under warranty, I emailed Suzuki and explained the situation they noted my scooter on a register? And said they were being tolerant about mileages and service intervals in the current situation

With that said being retired and restricted it probaly won't go much beyond?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Data wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:19 pm The first service is not just an oil change. It's a full nut and bolt check, adjust the steering (should it need it), and check every aspect of the bike including an ecu scan for fault codes. A valve clearance check is also required on some bikes.

In reality, I suspect you are ok with what has been done. But it's in the lap of the gods. Good luck!
There's no reason why the full first service with inspection can't be performed at a later date, when things are more normal. And probably have the oil changed again! But I believe that's its a good idea to do the initial oil change around the correct time.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Data wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:19 pm The first service is not just an oil change. It's a full nut and bolt check, adjust the steering (should it need it), and check every aspect of the bike including an ecu scan for fault codes. A valve clearance check is also required on some bikes.
I wonder how many dealers actually go through this process - not many I fear

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:18 pm
Well, they almost all charge for it, at least!

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Snail wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:52 pm Our burgman is getting close to 7500 mile service still under warranty
Fookin el snail - you covered that milage already - when did you purchase the Burgman

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

SYMCITY, we bought it October 18, we don't have a car so use it all the time, we do trailer it somtimes behind the motorhome when away for a few months, were planning west coast Scotland early may? Not been up there for a long time, Don't think it will happen now!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Symcity wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:18 pm
That's mostly a myth Symcity. All the mc dealers I worked for were meticulous in doing the first service. The issue is that if you don't do it, and do it properly, and something goes wrong, the shit comes back to haunt you and it can be very very expensive for a dealer under those circumstances. Having said that, I have heard of the odd dealer or two, nearly always a back street guy, not quite doing it right, and has had to suffer the consequences. Often dealers like that don't last that long. So there is a considerable incentive for the dealership to make sure their techs get it right first time.

But we all love to think that dealers are stealers and don't do all the right stuff etc etc. In reality, most dealers are completely straight and do what they are supposed to do...even if it's costly for us for them to do it. It's the same as car dealers, everyone thinks they are out to do you down. They actually aren't. I speak from experience of being a tech in several franchised dealerships. That won't stop some folks from still thinking they are being done by the dealer even if they aren't. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Update..... My mate had a reply to the email he sent to the closed dealership yesterday regarding his 600 mile service. They are opening up Monday morning just to fully service his scooter as he works for the NHS.
Well done Freestyle Yamaha Chichester.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

That's good to hear .

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

muddyfox wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:24 pm Update..... My mate had a reply to the email he sent to the closed dealership yesterday regarding his 600 mile service. They are opening up Monday morning just to fully service his scooter as he works for the NHS.
Well done Freestyle Yamaha Chichester.
Fantastic well done the dealership