Help Needed!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
brennain1
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Help Needed!

Post by brennain1 »

Hi All,

I received this email from a friend seeking assistance and promised that I would ask around. The email is as follows;

"Brendan/?

I am emailing you because you’re the only people I know who do the biking thing!
I work in a school. We are still open because we have a few kids in whose parents are keyworkers.
One of our caretakers travels via motorbike. Last week his motorbike was stolen, from inside the grounds at school, in broad daylight.
Problem is, he can’t get to school anymore to open and close.

Do you know anybody who would be interested in selling a motorbike?
Obviously, there are no dealers open at the moment, so he is struggling to replace the bike. He’s on L plates, so the size of bike is limited?

Let me know if you have any ideas or contacts!"

Any help or suggestions anyone can give would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Brendan (Manchester area).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honda SH300i
Mz TS250 Supa Five
Too handsome to be ugly, to fat to be thin!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Help Needed!

Post by MrGrumpy »

There really are some shi!t thinks around at the moment!
1st point is that if he's on L plates he's restricted to 125cc. I guess if showrooms are closed, ebay is probably still a possibility - bit of a shark pit though!

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Unsure of the area he lives,but looks like ebay or gumtree may be the only outlets at the moment,but both mine fields as MrGrumpy says,how much is his budget?does he know anything about the mechanics of a bike?he’ll have to use the filter on ebay and opt for nearest first because of the travel restrictions,might be worth a call to local dealers be it larger or one man band outfits,the showrooms may well be shut,but the service areas might still be open and he could possibly talk his way around to being let in to the showroom....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

brennain1

Post by brennain1 »

Hi Guys, don’t actually know the man himself or what he’s kind of motorcycle he’s ridden or had stolen and what budget he has but am assuming he’ll be reasonably local to me in Manchester. The person who emailed me works in the school and has obviously realised that this chap is struggling for transport.

Brendan.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honda SH300i
Mz TS250 Supa Five

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Facebook marketplace brings local ones up can set radius you want to search.

brennain1

Post by brennain1 »

Have had a couple of bike offers but am waiting to hear back from the chap involved, thanks one and all for your replies.
Honda SH300i
Mz TS250 Supa Five