Good Pratical scooter Advice for all ( Video )

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: Foresight 250 92 Helix
Great Britain
Re: For the West yorkshire lot!

Post by Jimo » Sat May 19, 2018 4:54 am

SOLO wrote:Hi

I found it very usefull, and been set on the roads that i ride everyday makes it a bit more easyer, the advice offered there is spot on.
(Watch out for killer taxi drivers)

solo

I DID once get mown down by just such an idiot taxi driver....I was on an 80cc Honda Lead - time 22.00 hrs (fortunate for me) right opposite Borough Police Stn. in London; This guy pulled out of a cab rank and did a U turn as I passed, I went underneath his cab, my scoot was damaged, I was more annoyed at his actions rather than hurt - or maybe it was adrenaline! But at 22.00hrs it was change-of-shift at the Police Stn. and Police appeared in droves from the nearby station.... The driver was nicked on the spot, later in court he was charged and convicted with Dangerous Driving, licence endorsed and given a considerable fine. His insurers paid for my scoot repairs but I was without it for about 3 weeks. That was some 40 years ago but I still remember it as thoughit was yesterday.

TAXI DRIVERS - Ugh I love em - UGH!

Jim
'52 Sunbeam S8, '83 Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, '98 Honda FES250 Foresight, '92 Honda Helix

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300
EU Flag
Re: Good Pratical scooter Advice for all ( Video )

Post by rayb » Sat May 19, 2018 5:38 am

I'm getting a 404 error :(

gasgas
Current Ride: Sym 300i
Isle of Man

Post by gasgas » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:29 am

This was top of the general scooter chat but when I clicked on it, it is a case of 'file not found'. Presumably it has gone for an Autumn break.
Like jimo, I hate taxi drivers almost as much as BMW car drivers. I head for the ditch whenever I see one coming my way. I once saw a mini cab drive straight across a STOP white line and smash a motorbike rider into a lamp post. The bike rider was minding his own business riding well within the 30 limit.
Once I was riding to work in South London on my four day old Vespa 200 Electronic (They were the top of the range, brand new model) and a car pulled out of a side turning right into me, knocking me into a lamp post. The Vespa was written off, an I was off work for two weeks. The car driver explained the good and valid reason why he had to pull out in front of me - " I had been waiting at that junction for five minutes". Ah, well that's all right then. Fortunately I worked for the Post Office, on my way to work so the union paid for a solicitor. We took the driver to the cleaners. I got a new bike, new helmet, leathers, gloves, boots, suit, shirt, socks and pants and a nice holiday paid for.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: Foresight 250 92 Helix
Great Britain

Post by Jimo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Cant read it because site rental expired in October!

Jim
'52 Sunbeam S8, '83 Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, '98 Honda FES250 Foresight, '92 Honda Helix