Muppets in TAG Magazine

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
stollie
Current Ride: YP250

Re: Muppets in TAG Magazine

Post by stollie »

nexusmaximus i am from New Zealand and cannot buy the twist & go magazine so i was wondering if someone could help me out where i can send away to get this magazine or who produces it and see if a bookshop here could get it for me. I love scooters especially the maxi's.

stollie
Current Ride: YP250

Post by stollie »

Meldrew thaks very much for the info and i will subscribe to my computer. Once again thank you.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I subscribe but was very disappointed with the latest offering, not really enough scooter 'stuff' in it. Lots of info about small motorcycles, I am not dis-interested in small motorcycles but I did subscribe to Twist and Go not Pull in Clutch, Engage First Gear, Apply Revs and Release Clutch, Faff Around Until in Appropriate Gear for Speed Required Monthly. I still but an occasional Motorcycle Sport and Leisure, imho the best bike mag on the shelves by miles.

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Some of the Hairy Bikers' bread recipes are really good, and their book on Perfect Pies is an excellent stocking filler...
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

smeghead wrote:... to Twist and Go not Pull in Clutch, Engage First Gear, Apply Revs and Release Clutch, Faff Around Until in Appropriate Gear ...
You know, I've been commuting into London for over a dozen years now and I finally realise what all those funny movements that many riders make when moving off are for. Sometimes there is even a loud clack and the bike rocks during this process. Do they really want to do all that in heavy, stop-start traffic with narrow gaps, suicidal pedestrians and cyclists, and homocidal HGV drivers? Why? I just don't get it. :?

BTW, we like making french style bread the best. Olive oil bread comes out too greasy and chocolate bread is disappointing.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I make a great loaf in the Panasonic, half white half wholemeal some seeds and two tablespoons of dark molasses or treacle. Obviously yeast, salt oil and water too. Yummy stuff.

SYMUK
Current Ride: Joymax 300

Post by SYMUK »

Meldrew wrote:You can buy digital issues of Twist n' Go magazines direct from Mortons Publishing to your computer, http://www.twistngo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I stopped my subscription it about 10 years ago when they yoofed it up for spotty Herberts on shagged out 125's and lost all their original readers within a couple of issues. It's still a rag but in the last year or so it's improved a bit.
I remember vividly those fateful issues - I didn't mind the 'yoof' too much, it was the 'fone 0800 for a dirty wench' ads that sent my advertising revenue elsewhere

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

It went downhill after I stopped writing for them.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

av still got lots of the original mags, from the first issue and scootering, I cant part with them unless someone wanted to buy them, I hate chucking owt away when its in perfect nick, I kid myself I need them as a reference book but its unlikely I will have the need in the future!
Dezzie

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Thatman gave me the 1st 50 odd issues which I'm making my way through.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125