I'm back.....for my daughter this time

For members who own little scooters.
Mark
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sharing daughters lexmoto Dart

Re: I'm back.....for my daughter this time update !

Post by Mark »

Well update ! Daughter passed her CBT today :D :o :o

Have done a deal for a brand new Lexmoto Dart 125. It's the big wheeled vesion like the honda sh125.
Photos to follow and me paying £433 insurance for me and her to ride it.

She had never ridden a bike before. Wanted her to do geared but the only problem with her doing it was her height. She could'nt touch the floor both sides so, doing it on a scout 50 was the nexxt big thing.
Current ride 2011 Honda Lead 110.
Previous scooters include, Honda Pantheon FES125 2003, Gilera Runner 180sp 2002. Suzuki AP 50 1998.
Previous bikes include, Honda CRF50 2004, Suzuki TS50 X 1989, Honda MTX 125 1986.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: I'm back.....for my daughter this time

Post by michaelphillips »

i am sure you both will be well pleased with the scoot, lexmoto are one of the best Chinese scoots, i had a 125cc QMI engined scoot for 6 months the best advise i can give you/your lass is watch your braking distance, if you can acf50 the scoot all over, would be a good thing, the single rear shock, if adjustable, see whats best for you both, easy to maintain and service, advise you do the first oil change as soon as you can as it will be very thin in the scoot from the maker and just enjoy, CMPO ARE GREAT FOR PARTS :D the carb throttle cable may stretch and can be adjusted under the seat in the bucket they normally have an inspection hatch, have a look and use wd40 down there ... have fun :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Well done, very similar to what I did with my son, the 2nd year insurance dropped from £450 to £250

I am convinced riding a simple scoot makes the early experience simpler and safer, though obviously 125 manual isn't beyond anyone but I wanted total concentration on the road/cars, not worrying about clutch and gears.

After initial CBT two year period on-road experience riding a scoot, he'd built up enough road-sense to be able to pass the A2 licence using a riding schools manual (GS500).
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Very interested to hear how you get on with the Lexmoto.
I am very tempted to get a Vienna just for the hell of it.

nexusmaximus
Benefactor
Current Ride: nexus 500-fuoco-burger 650

Post by nexusmaximus »

Good call... after owning a 50cc in my early years, i view them as a bloody death trap. 125 was a very sensible choice, and congratulations to your nipper, the start of a 2 wheel passion i hope. :D
Image Image Image

Mark
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sharing daughters lexmoto Dart

Post by Mark »

Welll update. Received the lexmoto dart last tuesday. First impressions are good !
My daughters been riding around the streets. Im still nervous as hell watching her. But shes been out tonight and done about 5-6 miles. I was driving my car infront of her. A mile from the house and the heavens opened. Had to remind her to cancel indicators and one event of lane disapline at a roundabout but apart from that she was okay.

Here are some pictures of the bike, in the photos it still has the seat cover on it ! The seat covering is black :D

Not bad is it ? It aint that bad build quality and hoping it stands the test of time :lol:
I had it for a £1000 on the road with free helmet.
Have a look on youtube under lexmoto dart 2014 to see a short video. will be doing a new one tommorow :idea:
ill keep you all updated :!:
Current ride 2011 Honda Lead 110.
Previous scooters include, Honda Pantheon FES125 2003, Gilera Runner 180sp 2002. Suzuki AP 50 1998.
Previous bikes include, Honda CRF50 2004, Suzuki TS50 X 1989, Honda MTX 125 1986.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Nice, looked after properly it should do the job for years to come.
Compare that with a Honda Vision 110 at double the price, is the Honda twice as good?
I don't think so.