2015 PCX Ignition Sutter

For members who own little scooters.
davidw
Current Ride: Honda Forza

2015 PCX Ignition Sutter

Post by davidw »

The new spring loaded ignition gate shutter gate on the new pcx is driving me mad.Has anyone else found it so annoying and difficult to use?
Once you have locked the steering and removed the key a spring loaded shutter covers the key hole .To open the shutter you have to use the back of the plastic on the key to open the shutter again to put in the ignition key.I know it sound simple put imagine having to do this in the dark at 5.30 in the morning with gloves on etc and its really difficult , plus the plastic is rounding off.
My Honda dealer is unable to disable the shutter having reported it to Honda Technical dept who said they where unaware of the new system
so it looks like i,m stuck with it? Any ideas anyone please in desperation !!!!!

gn2

Re: 2015 PCX Ignition Sutter

Post by gn2 »

Superglue the fucker open.

davidw

Post by davidw »

Already thought of that one :) Rochdale Honda are reluctant to agree and wanted 2 hours labor to investigate and pull it all to bits!
Not wanting to do that really they want to practice on a crashed doner bike if one arrives.Its quite a strong mechanism inside the lock, thought they might just drill a hole in the bloody thing.
Its actually my wifes bike have moved down from an s wing because they are cheaper:) Still pefare my Forza though

gn2

Post by gn2 »

The shield thing was a nuisance, I usually left it open when I had a PCX and yes, the Forza is a far better beastie altogether.

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

was better without a spring s oyou could choose to use it or not

wierdly thats the first time ive missed the pcx :twisted:

think about ridint the burger every day but thats the first time i wanted a ride on the little un
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

maybe make an impression of the key and try and make a couple from Arraldite or some such kiddies moulding substance - save wear of the key plastic...
Panel off and remove - or streatch the spring to reduce tension?

davidw

Post by davidw »

The shutter will only open with the correct ignition key, so it must be some sort of electronic arrangement,already tried a different key at the dealers

gn2

Post by gn2 »

I think there could be a magnet in the key.
Afaik it's not a chipped key.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

i found it it a right itch especially as it it had a mind of its own when it wanted to operate. was worse at night when it did that and you couldnt get it to come away so you can put key in ignition. (was on curtesy pcx 2015 model)
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.