Faster than fossil

For members who own little scooters.
michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: Faster than fossil

Post by michaelphillips »

gn2 wrote:Hooking up a generator to the front wheels has the same effect as applying a brake.
Extra energy needs to be added to overcome the braking resistance.

Did you do any Physics at school...? :lol:
back in the 70`s :lol: so how does the wind turbine rotor rotate, do they cheat and use electric to rotate the rotor as when i have seen them spinning there is little wind, :lol:
anyways will have to think on this ... i kind of like the motors in each wheel concept, this was from 2008
[youtube][/youtube]
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

michaelphillips wrote:so how does the wind turbine rotor rotate, do they cheat and use electric to rotate the rotor as when i have seen them spinning there is little wind
It doesn't take much wind to rotate a turbine, also due to the phenomenon known as wind gradient the wind speed at the ground is less than it is at the height where the blades are.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

anyways i thought it would be possible if you could stop the back EMF from the generator so there is no friction. so imagine this
if you could design a generator to produce power from it, with no back emf and then imagine an electric car with battery's, the car can almost use an alternate source like " magnetic generator", so the batterys will never stay without charge to start the car again. a sort of something that cant happen, perpetual motion.
this guy is an interesting read http://www.greenoptimistic.com/thane-he ... MqJx9KsVgg

gn2

Post by gn2 »

michaelphillips wrote:something that cant happen, perpetual motion
Correct. :)

michaelphillips
Benefactor

gn2 wrote:
michaelphillips wrote:something that cant happen, perpetual motion
Correct. :)
yes it is but one guy has patented a different generator as says he is near to the above
Quote"
If you generate energy by taking it out of the wheels' rotation it'll just mean that the engine has to work harder to keep the wheels rotating at the same rate"

That happens if you have generators that use kinetic force, that kind causes friction, but you can have a device that dont have resistance between the coils(static disc) and the magnets(rotating wheel), and using that type, this can be real possible... because the force applied by the motor in the transmission will be the same of having a custom wheel, or a custom wheel with magnets side by side with a static disc generator!
so maybe it could work

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

A hub motor is already a wheel with magnets in it so I don't understand the difference.

Something still has to push those pesky electrons along.

Electrons are very small and only move at about a metre an hour along the wires but there's a lot of them and they are all quite happy where they so force is going to be needed to shift 'em (overcome the pull of the magnets)
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

michaelphillips
Benefactor

yes, i had in my head a generator that sits where an engine in a car usually sits, no where near the wheels yet connected to the front wheels spinning through shaft and cv joint to a central shaft that runs straight through the generator to the other wheel, thus halving the forces so each front wheel takes a part, the back wheels with the motors and twin battery packs that one is in use and one being charged by the genny and switching over at optimum times, well i suppose i must stop dreaming :roll:

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Interesting tests! -
Dezzie