peugoet elystar 150cc

For members who own little scooters.
rio
Current Ride: PGO t rex 125

peugoet elystar 150cc

Post by rio »

Weird starting fault, scoot started 1st time after a few weeks laying up in garage. I was just about to go for a ride when I turned off the engine for a few minutes. I tried to restart it, it turned over but wouldnt fire. Plug out check for spark, nothing. It is the injection model so I thought bugger, electronics. I put the battery on charge for an hour and relief it started up as normal. Is this a peugoet thing that the ignition goes off if the battery is a bit low but can turn over the starter !.........weird

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: peugoet elystar 150cc

Post by StephenC »

I had 2 of these but never heard of this before. It's probably something very mundane and not an ECU thing.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

These small Peugeots are notorious for electrical faults once they're a few years old; duff immobilisers being their speciality.

I had a 125 Elyseo which would cut out randomly, refuse to start and then fire up straight away a day later, for no apparent reason. This was cured by buying an aftermarket CDI which bypasses the Peugeot immobiliser completely. You can find these on eBay, they're about £60 IIRC.

rio
Current Ride: PGO t rex 125

Post by rio »

Thanks for the feedback, I will see how it goes over the next few days to see if the fault reoccurs. Its not my main form of transport just a toy , but still nice to have in the garage for when I feel the need for fun!

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

if the battery is a bit low it may not power the fuel injection pump enough to push fuel through
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

duff immobilisers being their speciality.
+1
I had the same thing with a Peugeot Vivacity 100 that I bought from new
It used to forget the code and wouldn't start.
I sort of cured it by re-programming the same key to the maximum number allowed, it never did it after that :)
There was a company that bought out a gizmo to remove the immobiliser, don't know if they are still available....

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

The weakness with Elystars was the positioning of the ECU right at the bottom of the bodywork in the belly pan. Whenever it rained heavily the water would eventually find its way there and you'd end up with some unusual effects. One of mine read double the actual speed for a while and the other used to reset the trip meter randomly.

There was a fix consisting of a rubber shield but it didnt really work.

Never had a problem with an Elystar refusing to start though.

While on the subject, one nice element of the design was due to the radiator being mounted high up: if you fitted handlebar mitts, they would fill up with warm air exiting the ends of the plastic shroud over the handlebars. Toasty hands!
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should