SYM Jet 125

For members who own little scooters.
Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

SYM Jet 125

Post by Drago »

SYM have announced a new scooter, the Jet 14 to compete with the N-max and PCX.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 80Upx7y1RA

Looks interesting just waiting to see more specs, price and if it'll be released here.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Re: SYM Jet 125

Post by spaceprobe »

Nice
Maximum respect

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Looks nice but a choice of either 7.5hp or 11hp? That's rubbish.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

looks nice but i cant imagine it being powerful enough.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Drago
Benefactor

Post by Drago »

Well my Daelim S1 has 11.5hp, weighs about 130kg wet and is air/oil cooled it has top speed of 65mph (indicated 70 odd).

If this SYM is lighter or the same weight I'm guessing the liquid cooled version should also be good for 65mph.
The air cooled 7.5hp would probably do an actual 55mph though, but it's the cheaper option and would be
best used in urban areas. Though I would just pay more for the higher specced one.

Peugeot have done a similar thing with the Citystar 125, there's the 15hp liquid cooled version and the cheaper air cooled
carburettor version with only a singe rear shock.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Thanks for posting Drago. I have found a dealer - new to me - that sells both SYM and Peugeot. He has the citystar 125 model on order for his shop, due in this week (yeah right!) that I'd like to look at and compare to the Joyride 125. I was unaware of the two specifications. I want to check it out for feet forward room and storage. But I am a little wary of the brand tbh.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Morning Captain. R.Swipe, when you say "a little wary of the brand tbh " were you referring to Sym?
Sym is a Taiwanese manufacturer and are light years ahead of Chinese scooter standards. Sym is involved with Hyundai cars and I read somewhere they build engines for hybrid cars. Investigation around this forum will reveal Sym's reputation for reliability and build quality......heck you even get sunglass as standard issue.
Hope this elevates some of your brand wariness. Whatever you chose enjoy.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Alright muddyfox? Yes I was referring to SYM :D

I do agree with what you wrote, as I've read so much good stuff about them. Cripes even Spaceprobe and the Mafia have been a big, fat, juicy ( :shock: ) influence, but.......... My reluctance comes only from riding Jap and German bikes for almost 35 years now and I really do find it hard to break the bond after years of reliable and happy riding. Mind you, I can give or take the over-egged, over-hyped German brand........with hindsight!

Drago
Benefactor

Post by Drago »

As you can see I've owned several SYM's now and all have been very reliable. My previous GTS I had for nearly 8 years and
in that time nothing went wrong with it, I was just sloppy over the winters and corrosion got at it. I chose to sale it on and buy
the newer Joymax instead. Which so far has been fault free in the six months I've owned it.

The Joyride evo at present is about to be replaced by a newer model, the Joyride S. The '200' will have a slightly bigger & more powerful motor 175cc vs 171cc, ABS and a facelift. The current joyride 125 is a carbed model and I believe the new S will be injected. I'd maybe wait to see if they will bring the New Joyride S here?

http://www.sym-global.com/product/index/216/48

The Citystar 125i (not the air cooled/carbed one)/200, Is better specced over the Joyride in nearly all areas. But I'm actually wary of Peugeots reliability over SYM's - and Peugeot's part prices.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Drago wrote:As you can see I've owned several SYM's now and all have been very reliable. My previous GTS I had for nearly 8 years and
in that time nothing went wrong with it, I was just sloppy over the winters and corrosion got at it. I chose to sale it on and buy
the newer Joymax instead. Which so far has been fault free in the six months I've owned it.

The Joyride evo at present is about to be replaced by a newer model, the Joyride S. The '200' will have a slightly bigger & more powerful motor 175cc vs 171cc, ABS and a facelift. The current joyride 125 is a carbed model and I believe the new S will be injected. I'd maybe wait to see if they will bring the New Joyride S here?

http://www.sym-global.com/product/index/216/48

The Citystar 125i (not the air cooled/carbed one)/200, Is better specced over the Joyride in nearly all areas. But I'm actually wary of Peugeots reliability over SYM's - and Peugeot's part prices.
I was unaware of any updates to the Joyride models and didn't realise that the Joyride 125 was carbed, I thought it had FI. I'll check the websites again. Thanks Drago.

I'm just curious to sit on the Citystar. I won't buy a Peugeot.