Piaggio are saved!

For members who own little scooters.
gn2

Piaggio are saved!

Post by gn2 »

Any worries about Piaggio struggling in the UK have just melted away with the announcement of a new Vespa model for 2012, I give you the saviour of Piaggio.

Other scooter manufacturers should just give up, how can they possibly compete...? :lol:

Ferrit
Current Ride: MP3 400ie

Re: Piaggio are saved!

Post by Ferrit »

The boss likes it in Blue....I prefer the red.
2013 Mp3 500sport
2007 MP3 400ie

A less than Civil Servant
Herts & Beds SERV

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

I like it in white.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services

martb4632
Benefactor
Current Ride: LML Star 150 4 Stroke

Post by martb4632 »

I'v always had a soft spot for the Vespa PX although compared to a modern twist n go they are totally outclassed in performance, handling, and for practical reasons.

Its been said many times before but they are way too expensive when you can buy a new LML 2 stroke which is practically the same scooter for about a grand less or a brand new LML 200cc 4 stroke for about the same price as a 2 stroke PX 125.

The LML's are not without their problems ( I should know, I have one ) but I believe the new PX also has some reliability issues.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Red with chrome front and back racks. :D
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

You just dont get the PX do you GN2? Maybe in the wilderness that is Scotland it aint popular but elsewhere in the civilised world it is and therefore its still being sold, stop bloody moaning about it :lol:

If I wanted that sort of scoot again Id buy the real deal, no way would I buy some Indian replica... its like buying a fake Rolex ;)

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Nobody seems to have twigged that this thread is not about the PX, it's about the extra 25cc
True that if you want a PX you'll buy one but I don't and never will. And I'm not alone.
Look at the new design Vespa, it looks beautiful, but it's less practical therefore a worse product than any existing Vespa.
They're doomed I tell you, doomed.
Echoes of Meriden methinks.

barryG
Benefactor

Post by barryG »

Hmmm, so you think practicality is the absolute zenith of scooter design eh? Well, for some, it may be but as you just dont get Vespas then you wont understand that for very many people design and classic looks are more important. I dont expect Piaggio give 2 shits if some people dont like their Vespas because loads do.... its a niche market which does very well, what keeps them going is the bread and butter stuff bought by the boring folk of the world.

Piaggio have a very long future assured, its Honda you ought to be worried about as they have truly lost the plot and still I have only ever seen one PCX actually moving on the road ;)

Oh and as you know the PX150 has been around forever, they have launched it here as scooterists have asked them to bring it over ;)

gn2

Post by gn2 »

barryG wrote:Piaggio have a very long future assured
Like I said, echoes of Meriden.
Scooterboys may have been clamouring for the return of the PX, but they haven't been buying them en masse.
http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/piaggi ... x_125_my11
http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/honda_ww_125_ex2-a

barryG
Benefactor

Post by barryG »

LOL, that website is about as accurate as your predictions! Its way out on loads of cars, for instance theres a Fiat on there that they reckon only 1 exists but I know a man with 2 on the road and neither are the one listed on that site!

Have a good read up on design, culture, classic, icon, durability, character and class and after that you might just get it.... but I doubt it very much :lol: