Will the new Yamaha N Max come to UK

For members who own little scooters.
gn2

Re: Will the new Yamaha N Max come to UK

Post by gn2 »

No need to pay four grand to get a decent 14ish hp 125 scooter.
Peugeot Citystar
Daelim S3
Kymco Downtown
Sym Joymax
All well under four grand, not sure I would want a Sym though...
http://symjoymax125.blogspot.co.uk/

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

richie the 1st wrote:3 Yamaha 125 N-Max,s
was that at sondel yamaha today lad :?: i would have preferred it with the majesty 125 dash i must admit :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Thanks Michael for your reply. I shall check the site out and might give them a ring.

Your comment about the power delivery and revs being lower than the max power at higher revs on the Forza 125 was very useful and informative.

I tend to forget facts and figures like that these days, now that my leathers are hung up (they are) and bigger faster bikes are memories!

I did google the PCX last night FYI.

I'm not sure that I can bring myself to even check out Peugeot's scooters. I may be missing a trick but I have yet to consider looking at, drive or own one of their cars :)

Tim

michaelphillips
Benefactor

since peugeot scooters is now majority owned in 2104 by South Korea's Ssangyong Motor (mahindra) i think they will be more interested in flooding there own market before updating the euro models
if i was you tim, not sure on your age and weight and height, i would have as many test rides on different 125`s... to guage the difference, as tyre size may be important to you, 13 inch rims (nmax) the 14 inch wheels (pcx) etc, lets not forget that next year if i have got it right all 125cc and above scoots will all have abs...... which scoots have you ridden rescently :?: :?: :?: :?:

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

5'10", 90kg, 50 next birthday,

As far as mini scoots go, I've only tested the Forza 125. Sat on quite a few.

I want my cake and eat it I'm afraid Michael!

light weight, economy, storage, weather protection, comfort, and to resurrect my touring in Europe! Not much to ask for I know. Oh, and some commuting.

I have thought about getting a bigger scoot for the fun stuff and keeping my Vision for the commute and car-dodging fun. But I don't wanna fill my garage with bikes - my lady rides her own bike too.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

it seems that the best solution would be to keep the Vision as the general fun and commute and if you want to travel europe etc then lots of folk go all over on smaller cc scoots, or you might want to go up to the 300cc bracket
a 125cc will tootle all day at 50 mph, the 2015 pcx will return 120+ mpg , lightweight, a taller screen for say £60 and givi sr1136 and topbox which will fit an xl helmet for £90
8 ltr fuel tank 200 mile range, or chop the vision in for a 300cc ish scoot :)

or wait a while for a forza 125, i saw a pre reg one in grimsby for £3395 :o :o http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NSS-For ... 4d34f247ea

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Are you suggesting that lots of peeps travel abroad on small scoots Michael?
I know it can be done but I'm not used to being abroad on anything less than a 600 or so.

Pootling is what I enjoy theses days :D onset of 50 I guess. I like the idea of an imported 150cc scoot.

I sat on the new Nmax 125 yesterday and surprise surprise, it's quite roomy. Despite having smaller dimensions than the Majesty S 125 which was stood next to it, the Nmax was noticeably roomier and the bars further away than on the easily more cramped Maj S.

I did like it, very much. The Forza 125 is lovely and has lots going for it, but I'm not sure it has an extra £1400 of goodness!

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Mind you, that Forza you linked to, looks good at that price.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I've just this minute spoken with Gary from Superbikes2014, Michael.

Thanks for your 'rant' it was very helpful. I mentioned you to Gary - just your first name - he did remember you and repeated your full name over the phone, so I knew I was onto the right man!

Anyway, he is looking into the Nmax 155 for me, any colour just not black! I'll let you know what happens. I'm hoping that the price is similar to the PCXs on his ebay shop.

How are you getting on with your 150?

Tim

michaelphillips
Benefactor

fine lad, done 450 miles now, changed the oil at 300 miles, the tranny is now more relaxed and i did not push it to full revs up to the 300 miles, but you just get a bit more umf, the extra cc helps with the weight (me ha ha) its fun, like all smaller scoots there designed for the urban ride, think i need a larger screen if i was going to use it doing steady 55 to 60... but holding at 50 mph was relaxed on the m11 and not much wind speed, i am getting 126 mpg round home, and 122 at steady 50 it dropped to 120 on the ride out as was giving more throttle, check with your insurance as it wont be on their database, but they should sort it.. let us know how you get on lad

you could go for a ride with this lovely lot of lads, joking , but they having fun