Will the new Yamaha N Max come to UK

For members who own little scooters.
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: Will the new Yamaha N Max come to UK

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Ah Michael,

what I don't want these days, is anything as big, long and heavy as my 2009 Burg 400, which was fantastic for the job I needed it for - regular monthly trips to London from Plymouth.

I'm after something with some weather protection, feet forward, good storage and lighter. Hence, considering the Forza 300 which is heavier than I want really, or the Forza 125 which I've ridden and liked.

I think the Nmax may be a little cramped, the storage won't be huge I can see that, but it may fit the bill if it is a little roomier than my Vision 110. I like the idea of the Majesty S 125 too.
I'd have had the J300 by now but the lack of feet forward put me off. And I've since decided I want less weight.

BTW, why did you sell your J300?

Tim

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

had to release some dosh for me daughter, sad but true, so then had a couple off grand for another, had a breif love affair with a geared bike but got nearly all my dosh back to get a new scoot again, only do short trips for fun riding, so imported a new 2015 honda pcx 150 for fun days, took 6 weeks from picking colour in greece to getting it, after a vca check and dvla etc but having fun now, only 200 miles under her belt, and awaiting 300 ish before full throttle, on the road price of £2495 and got £2000 for CBR in exchange, will do a review once had a while, but we all know what there like anyways

could not spend £3999 on the forza 125 will wait a year and see what happens
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

The £4000 price tag puts me off too. I'd have a 250 but there's not much choice and the weight creeps up again.

I remember you mentioning your purchase of the little CBR.

BUT! You have me thinking! I had crossed the PCX 125 off my list a while ago and I can't think why.
Now I like the sound of the 150, it's a little larger engine-wise and still compact.
I will loook forward to your thoughts annd review of it. With its bigger storage and a larger aftermarket screen it may give me what I am after.

Would you briefly let me know how you got hold of it? I will certainly have a look at the PCX again for size and fit, at the dealers.

T

michaelphillips
Benefactor

i bought it from two guys whom run a few businesses, one is Themis (Greek) and a uk guy called Gary, Gary is the business end and has a few companies and a big house he built on the land he sold his other house on, one of there ventures is to import New or Used cars, bikes and scooters, where Themis comes in from the Greece side, they trade on ebay under superbikeshop2014 did a companies house check on them and there other business, and there accounts up to date , tax wise etc, so £300 deposit was what they required as a deposit for the honda, they had sold all colours they had except a white one, but i wanted the metalic grey ( the 125cc version comes as a matt grey) when Themis was in Greece at the honda dealer ( he must be involved with ) he sent me photos of the pcx150 and when i said yes he also sent photos of the scoot and the vin number etc, great communication all the time from them both keeping me in the loop, when the scoot hit our shores ( Themis brings them over in there van, which i got transport photos of) although it has the honda COC it got a random DVLA VCA so had to go to bristol for a VCA CHECK, then paperwork was all sent to DVLA with a photocopy of my driving licence (my address was on my driving licence) as it was being registered in my name, so in all took 6 weeks from start to finish.
when the new laws come into effect from the EU all VCA certificates like the COC will be done by the manufacturer per model, for all eu bikes and scooters, like they do with new trucks etc
this is the ebay link for the items they have on there http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/superbikeshop ... 7675.l2562
the matt 125 pcx 125 came over with my ride thats at £2195 OTR
I SUPPOSE YOU PAY MORE ROAD TAX but, mines showing 27.7 miles per ltr or 126 mpg at the moment will go down a little when i open her up more, but a good buying experience, LV adjusted my insurance based on a pcx 125 until they updated there system, so far its fun and the LED lights are amazingly bright, well that was the jist of it, rabbiting on as always :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

me cbr250 r is on there for sale

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

looking forward to the review of the pcx 150. ;) 8-) .
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Capt. R Swipe wrote:I like the sound of the 150, it's a little larger engine-wise
But has slightly less power than a decent 125.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

gn2 wrote:
Capt. R Swipe wrote:I like the sound of the 150, it's a little larger engine-wise
But has slightly less power than a decent 125.
BUT MORE TORQUE :lol: standard quote from Gn2, descent i gather meaning £4000, :o

so you pay £4000 for forza 125cc your having a laff lad :kiss: :kiss: just cant understand with 4 valves developing 14 hp coming from its near max 8750 rpm and a maximum torque of 12 Nm at a hefty 8250 rpm , dont get me wrong i like the scoot i just think its two pricey, heavy for my old bones anyways , :D

so all scoots have quirks to them which suit different folk, the pcx 150 is my quirk for now , i liked the figures, 13.4 HP and 14Nm of torque coming at 5250 rpm so less stress and more torque low down, its my fun, i dont commute

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Now they have 3 in.And I don't like it,why,just don't like where the speedo is like looking down at it,too much like the MT/O7 Or the MT-O9.price is not bad £2699.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

richie the 1st wrote:Now they have 3 in.And I don't like it,why,just don't like where the speedo is like looking down at it,too much like the MT/O7 Or the MT-O9.price is not bad £2699.
3 what lad :kiss:

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

3 Yamaha 125 N-Max,s
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.