Which Commuter Scooter ?

For members who own little scooters.
michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: Which Commuter Scooter ?

Post by michaelphillips »

thats a good one well spoted :)
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Spy
Current Ride: None

Post by Spy »

Thanks Michael.

I have looked into the Majesty a bit more and decided to for a pre-registered one with just delivery miles for £100 more than the one you linked to.

Good shout on the Majesty. So much for attending the NEC and doing the rounds of the local dealers. I have now ended up getting a bike I have never seen or sat on !!

Not sure if it is a wise move but it seemed like a cracking bargain for what is a new scooter at a used price. I watched Cager's review of it (the only proper review I could find) and he seemed to really like it, although he seems to like most Yamahas ;)

michaelphillips
Benefactor

Its a great scoot. Wider wheels for stability on city streets. Fantastic dashboard layout. Reliability. Etc etc etc
And a steal of a price. Well done. As a london comuter remember steering locks are useless. One kick and they are broken. Making jyour ride. Not movable with U Locks and chains will deter 90 percent of chav thiefts. The stolen..recovered scoots that cost u the excess and hastle. A alarmed disk lock on front and rear disk is a must.
Post pics and review once you have settled and remember no abs so tecnique is rear brake and slight front brake lever at same time.. Get some feeling 4 brakes. by emergency individual brake lever tests at low speed.
Just enjoy and relax on comute. There will be plenty of other bikes.scoots around more experienced so keep an eye on yr mirrors

Spy

Post by Spy »

Thanks Michael.

I used to own a VanVan so used to not having ABS although I will go out and practice the brakes once I get the new scoot.

On the VanVan I used to have a Xena 14mm Alarmed disk lock and Oxford chain, Stupidly I gave them away with the bike when I sold it a couple of years back !!

Thinking of getting another Xena (either XX14 or XX15) and an Almax chain with Squire lock - what do others use ?

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Spy

Good choice keep us posted on views and thoughts

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

The only thing you are going to regret IS: that you sold the VanVan :lol: One of the few bikes in all my years and bikes that i regret selling... :(
Lyn.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Almax are the mutts nuts... Expensive but worth the money... Always chain to something by the rear wheel if you can...

michaelphillips
Benefactor

I use onguard pitbull ulock with steel cable.. At home thru a ground anchor and stow for parking.. Versitile depending where you park etc Ebay item number 371753469143
And a couple of alarm disk locks

Spy

Post by Spy »

Thanks. Had a quick look and some of the 16mm+ chains are quite expensive.

Problem is, I guess you don't know how good or bad a chain is until someone tries to steal your bike.

Any recommendations for reasonable price chains ?

Also, if there is no where to attach the chain to when parking, wouldn't a good alarmed disk lock work better ?

It still prevents the bike from being rolled away but also sounds an alarm if they try and lift it whereas an untethered chain would be useless ? Thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michaelphillips
Benefactor

The chavs normal bolt cutters will sort a chain but they have trouble witk steel cable thats why i use the bulldog steel and ulock combined with alarmed disk lock.. Where do you park at home and at work?