Almost an Nmax Owner

For members who own little scooters.
RyanOn2Wheels

Almost an Nmax Owner

Post by RyanOn2Wheels »

Whoop Whoop

It looks like it's finally going to happen. I should be getting an Nmax very soon.

Insurance prices have fallen to a level that I can justify so i'll potter about on this for a year or 2 to build some insurance history and NCB then look at upgrading afterwards.

Does anyone here know is an almax/pragmasis 16mm chain will fit through the rear wheel? From the pictures it looks pretty tight.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Almost an Nmax Owner

Post by horobags »

good stuff 8-) , the Nmax is a fine capable scoot. Why dont you try to get a good deal on a chain from your dealer.Or ask him what will fit then shop around.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

RyanOn2Wheels

Post by RyanOn2Wheels »

Oops

Change of plan. Having to go with a PCX instead. Combination of small wheel and brake disc on the NMax meant sod all clearence for a high security chain. But peeved at that but hey that's life

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

get pics up of the pcx if you have got it yet.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

docscooter2010
Current Ride: Honda Forza 125

Post by docscooter2010 »

Don't think you will be disappointed with the PCX . I had one for nearly 2 year 2011 model , the one with the seat hump.
Is yours the new model with the flatter seat ?. Think that was the only niggle I had was the seat , plus it was a bit slippy , every time you braked hard you slid forwards. Fantastic little scoot . Enjoy.

RyanOn2Wheels

Post by RyanOn2Wheels »

Had the PCX since Feb. A brilliant little scooter.

Its the new 2017 model so Michelin city grip Tyres as standard. 4000 mile service intervals and NO valve clearance on the 600mile now, and a higher weight limit under the seat.

Rear drum brake is like cheese and I already want/need more power.

Most likely will do my DAS next year then decide which way to go.

A scooter suits most of my needs, i really do not want the hassle of clutch gears but the cost of maxi scoots plus extreme high risk of theft in London means getting a motorbike CB500F or SV650 is more likely than an Xmax 300 or Tmax.