Nmax 125

For members who own little scooters.
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Nmax 125

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

My love affair with my Vision 110 continues but now as memories and the odd photo!
It did a sterling job of the daily commute and weekend family visits across the city, plus short days out for exactly 5 years without ever letting me down once - rain, shine & frost.

Two weeks ago I walked into a dealer and there, by the entrance, was a new N max in matte red with the Yamaha touring screen and knuckle guards fitted, stood next to an Xmax 300. I tried both for foot-forward legroom and the N max was better - believe it or not. Long story short, I traded the Vision in there and then, for the smaller 125 just in time for the 67 plate!

There are trade-offs against the Vision - not many - but there are definitely advantages. Early days and I'm running her in with mostly use of about a 3rd of the throttle.

Happy at the moment; I must say that I'm hoping that she will perform her primary role of daily commuter but I'm really hoping that she will add a bit more fun, speed, handling looks and mainly comfort, for longer rides away from the city. I will garage her and have sprayed Acf50 on undercarriage but will not worry about winter use.

'Comfort' seat ordered, Givi 39l box transferred to fitted Yamaha rack and if anyone is interested, I'll give you my thoughts when I get to know more about how she rides and performs.

Tim

Pete07bikes
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300 HPE

Re: Nmax 125

Post by Pete07bikes »

Please do provide updates & comparative reviews
Can ask what a 5 year old Vision 110 with 20,000 miles commanded in p/ex?
Pete
Rainham, Medway Towns, Kent
Honda CB500-XA

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Tim
Glad to hear you've found a worthy replacement for your vision.

I'm interested in your views

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Pete07bikes wrote:Please do provide updates & comparative reviews

Pete, my Vision had almost 10,000 miles, I told the dealer that it was regularly serviced and rarely cleaned and I was given £800 in p/ex without the dealer wanting to see the bike against the N max.

Mind you, I did mention to the salesman that there were two 62 plate Visions in another local dealer - both with about 3000 or so miles on them - being offered for £1399!

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

look forward in hearing the review of the new scoot, dont forget to get pics up :)
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Pete07bikes
Benefactor

Post by Pete07bikes »

Blimey Capt.R.Swipe, £800 in p/ex was very good - albeit low mileage that was good for a 5-year old that, even today only retails for £2,150 new - cheap motoring indeed.
Hope the Yamaha does everything you want it to
Pete
Honda CB500-XA

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Capt. R Swipe wrote:
Pete07bikes wrote:Please do provide updates & comparative reviews

Pete, my Vision had almost 10,000 miles, I told the dealer that it was regularly serviced and rarely cleaned and I was given £800 in p/ex without the dealer wanting to see the bike against the N max.

Mind you, I did mention to the salesman that there were two 62 plate Visions in another local dealer - both with about 3000 or so miles on them - being offered for £1399!
Am not going to tell what I paid for my 2 year old Honda Vision 110,way back in July 2015,bought from Yamaha dealer in Blackfen,but it was cheaper.
Funny my mate of nearly 40 years,was asking me what a NMAX 125 was like,coulldnt tell him.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Fekin Yamaha! :| :D (My glorious HONDA Vision never played up in 5 years of daily grind ((and a little green-laning.))

Well, running-in of my new Nmax is on hold at the moment as the scoot started playing up after a trip out on Dartmoor on Friday. Coming into Plymouth I had two options to remain stationary at lights - switch off engine or keep both brakes on. The bike wouldn't idle at a stop and the yellow engine light popped on and now is a 'pretty' feature when ignition on. The motor wanted to surge and pulse at the lights pushing me forward. I've put only 300 miles on it and have phoned the dealer!

I'm hoping it is a sensor problem or perhaps a hose affecting the injection. At this juncture, I've washed the scoot, and bunged it in the garage until Monday. I'll have to get the car out today, as off for an end-of-summer cream tea tasty.gif

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Cannot beat a Honda Vision 110.Just done over 10000 miles on mine in 26 months
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Pete07bikes
Benefactor

Post by Pete07bikes »

I'm sure it'll be something simple Capt, an early teething problem quickly sorted with any luck
Pete
Honda CB500-XA