New Sinnis Matrix 3i

For members who own little scooters.
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

New Sinnis Matrix 3i

Post by capitano »

Sinnis have announced a new scooter in their range for 2019.

The Matrix 3i is primarily an upgrade of their best selling Matrix 2 from 2017 but with a bigger screen, revised bodywork, linked rakes and fuel injection.

The Matrix 2 wasn't a bad little scooter at all, and was rebadged by Peugeot and sold as the Sum-up for a couple of years.

The importers On-the-wheel are just down the road from me so I'll drop down and have a look at it sometime soon.

£1569 + OTR (so around £1600 on the road)

https://www.onthewheel.co.uk/used-sinni ... ex-1954401

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: New Sinnis Matrix 3i

Post by horobags »

very nice, Is Sinnis one of the good Chinese brands ? as some are better than others.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

horobags wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:15 am very nice, Is Sinnis one of the good Chinese brands ? as some are better than others.
In my opinion, yes.

They seem to be more discerning than other brands about what they import and badge as Sinnis. A good example is the Sinnis Hero, which is the Yamaha Cygnus.

When Yamaha dropped the Cygnus from their range and stopped importing them, Sinnis took over. The Hero is a crackin' little scooter and on my shortlist of bikes I can ride without harm, post-surgery.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Just looked the hero up and appears to be the dearer of their scooter range (likely the yamaha underpinning).

Recall a road trip featuring the sinnis apache 125 which did well. Shame the 250cc seems deleted from the line up.

Sinnis parts (engine guard) used to fit the suzuki RV125 but the piston etc wasn't interchangeable despite its alleged Suzuki base

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Yes the Hero is at the dearer end of their range, but still over a grand under what Yamaha retailed the Cygnus at, whilst updating the spec with f.i and linked brakes to meet euro 4.

I'm guessing that the expense of meeting euro 4 was what got the 250 Apache dropped from the range. Whether it will return, like the Matrix has, who knows? The projected sales volumes for 250s must be minimal I'd guess.

Interestingly, a 390 version of the Terrain adventure bike should be coming this year.

The 125 Suzuki based motor that powered the 125 Apache, the Scrambler 125, the Trackstar, and others was based on the old GS125 engine that preceded even the first 4 stroke RV125s, so some incompatibility with parts isn't really a surprise.

What will really be interesting with regards to this forum is if Sinnis move into larger capacity scooters, a 300 for example. No indication that they will but you never know.

;)

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

I had a close look at a 125 Terrain at Southport on one of the c-90 rides, it is a quality motorcycle, fit and finish was up tp Jap standards. If the scooter range is the same quality they are defo worth considering.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Nice price but I wonder what is the re-sale price if you wanted to p.x for any thing else.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

richie the 1st wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:13 am Nice price but I wonder what is the re-sale price if you wanted to p.x for any thing else.
The resale price will be low, but so is the new price.
I like it, think its a great looking scoot, the two colours are also really nice.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

richie the 1st wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:13 am Nice price but I wonder what is the re-sale price if you wanted to p.x for any thing else.
First up I would never, ever buy anything with the resale or px value in mind.

Secondly, it's £1600 brand new. My mate pays more than that for his Ducati's annual service and he does about 1500 miles per year on it. :lol:

Thirdly, run it for 3 years and you will still sell it for £500 within hours on Gumtree or local small ads. Buy a £3k 125 brand new and try to sell it 3 years later for £1900. You may well do it but it will be a harder sell as there are less buyers with £1900 to spare than there are with £500.

It's all about perspective, Richie. As I said, resale value doesn't really come into the equation for me, but it might for other folks. 8-)

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

I went to look at it today. The only one they had in the showroom was dark metallic grey. It looked very smart indeed.

From my personal perspective it's biggest competitor would be the scooter sat next to it in OTW's showroom, the Sinnis Hero. 8-)