New Sinnis Matrix 3i

For members who own little scooters.
Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Re: New Sinnis Matrix 3i

Post by Argyll »

I wonder why they didn't use the more powerful engine in the Matrix 3? Presumably all to do with price - the Hero is £125 dearer.

Edit: mind you, I just looked at a brand new Hero for £1399 otr - seems like a bargain.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Argyll wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 am I wonder why they didn't use the more powerful engine in the Matrix 3? Presumably all to do with price - the Hero is £125 dearer.
Different factory completely. Among other things, Sinnis are a branding company. They buy in scooters and bikes made in various factories and give them a common brand.

The Hero is a scooter they started importing when Yamaha dropped it from their range. The GY6 motor has had some Yamaha development, hence its quoted higher bhp. They buy it from the factory that previously supplied Yamaha, and as far as I know they don't buy any other scooters from that particular factory.

If you look at the scooter range of both Sinnis and Lexmoto, there are 3 different GY6 engines.

The GY6 - BN152QMI is a 7 bhp motor.

The GY6 - 1P52QMI is an 8 bhp motor.

The GY6 - Generation 4 is a 10.5 bhp motor. The Hero is the only scooter with this motor.

I've ridden examples of the 7bhp and 8 bhp motors and not found them wanting.

If you feel you would get bored with 'em simply don't buy 'em. 8-) (That's for Pikey BTW :lol: )

PS. I made a mistake in a previous post. the FMS in the video actually has the 7 bhp motor, not the 8 bhp one. ;)

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Argyll wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 am Edit: mind you, I just looked at a brand new Hero for £1399 otr - seems like a bargain.
That is, indeed! :shock:

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Depreciation an issue?

The Sinnis Shuttle pre-Euro 4 was £899 OTR in 2015.

Simply run it for 3 years then sell it for nearly £100 more ..... :shock:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/sinnis-motorb ... 1324317157

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I'd be very surprised if anyone on here buys one and if you do . :lol: :lol: :lol:

[bbvideo]. [/bbvideo]

Deleted User 7077

Jokes aside I can see the attraction brand new no mot for 3 years and they are light weight .I have looked at local dealers nearest are lexmoto ones .One has chieftain in stock it looks big in size but has the lower powered engine in it .I may go see if one in showroom to look at Sinnis dealers a bit further away .

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:44 am Jokes aside I can see the attraction brand new no mot for 3 years and they are light weight .I have looked at local dealers nearest are lexmoto ones .One has chieftain in stock it looks big in size but has the lower powered engine in it .I may go see if one in showroom to look at Sinnis dealers a bit further away .
The lightness and the fact that I could ride the vast majority of these scooters without harming my post-surgery area is what appeals. If it comes down to it I could buy one, ride it for a couple of years and not worry unduly about it having any resale value. As I've said before, selling a working , legal £500 125 scooter ain't difficult.

The lack of outright power wouldn't bother me. However, it might well piss some people off intensely. I don't have issues with riding my C90 on the M23 and M25 though, and that's not something that appeals to everyone. Diff'rent strokes f'r diff'rent folks. :lol:

That Lexmoto Chieftain is a weird one, Julian!

My limited experience of the GY6 - BN152QMI (7 bhp) and the GY6 - 1P52QMI (8 bhp) motors is that you can tell the difference. The former is a great motor for the retro scooters with small wheels like the Lexmoto Milano, whilst the latter lends itself to physically larger scooters like the Sinnis Matrix.

The Chieftain is a physically large scooter, maxi size in fact, which makes it weird that it is built around the 7 bhp GY6 motor.

However, I've not ridden one. I haven't even seen one around. See if you can blag a test ride. 8-)

Deleted User 7077

It looks like they trying to take some of Forza 125 market to me .

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:41 am It looks like they trying to take some of Forza 125 market to me .
but the forza is over twice the price. Its a 125 scooter, its in the same category as a forza, but I recon thats where it ends. The vision 110 is well over 2k, so I dont think Sinnis are trying to take any of the Honda market, Im sure they would love too but the market they are in is top quality chinese scooters , all sub 2k.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 7077

Isn't that what they do make cheaper versions of other scooters