SYM Mask 125

For members who own little scooters.
Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

A few weeks ago my SYM symphony ST 200i was stolen and has not been found. Insurance has paid out and so I've got myself a SYM mask 125. A bit more basic, 10hp so 2hp down and about 25% less torque. But then it is now in the cheaper tax band. 12inch wheels, drum rear brake, 5.7L tank and a very basic analogue instrument panel - Speedometer, odometer and fuel gauge. Under seat storage is better plus the fuel tank is in the floor rather than under the pillion seat. Still running in at moment so a bit tight. But what really interests me is it has ALEH - Anti lift engine hangar system - Below is the official website explanation in chinglish.

The all new Mask III inducts new technology - A.L.E.H. (Anti-Lift Engine Hanger system )
When the vehicle accelerates, there will be a phenomenon of gravity shift. SYM designs the special engine suspension system, enables the relative position of the engine and the car body to maintain a steady state when accelerating, and suppress the instability caused by the lifting position. Making riders feel stable and comfortable when steering.

I've had a look under the bike and there is two hangers from the bottom of the engine that attaches to the frame. Will see how much this is 'improves' the handling. But does any other manufacturer have such a device on their scooters? One thing I thought is she was handling very well from the garage, this was in storm Gareth's heavy rain and winds.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: SYM Mask 125

Post by Symcity »

Looks quite nice - fuel injection - combined braking system - rear rack - pity it’s not water cooled however for under 2K it looks the business

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

agreed, looks a very nice scoot, maybe not a 200cc but will get you where you want to go, easily. 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

Well had it a almost a month now and got a few hundred miles on it. It's loosened up a bit, it'll happily cruise along at 40-50mph.
It will do 60mph but that pretty much requires full throttle which I'm trying to avoid. The reduced amount of torque and hp is quite
noticeable. It's not the end of the world, most of my commute is down country lanes/B-roads and so the top speed/ reduced acceleration is no major issue. I do travel down a A-road for a few miles but it is often clogged up with holiday traffic, tractors, local old people who typically drive at 40-50mph anyway. The combined brakes are sufficient but again not as powerful as the symphony's. The other negative other the symphony is it has the basic analogue dash compared to the fancy digital/analogue hybrid one the symphony had. The odometer under reads by about 3%. The fuel gauge doesn't count the whole tank either it seems. After the first few fills with the needle just above empty I filled up to find I could only get 3.8-4L into the 5.7L tank. On my third fill I let the needle run right down. It dropped right down under the empty sign by about an inch! I was really panicking to find I could only get 4.65L in. Saying that the symphony's fuel gauge would only read 5L out of the 7.5L tank. So must be a new feature to prevent people running out? Also despite having fairly skinny 12inch wheels and only the one rear shock it handles better than the bigger wheeled twin shocked symphony did which surprised me. Saying that the symphony's fuel tank was under the pillion seat, when I filled it up the centre of gravity noticeably shifted up and back. All my previous scooters and the Mask have their fuel tanks under the floor panel, which lowered the CG.

Overall a great little runabout for work. Price wise it was nearly the same as my Daelim S1 was back in 2014, which was far better specced. But for today it's not bad I guess and hopefully it won't get pinched. My symphony was eventually recovered up in Wiltshire. They'd taken it in a van and then used it to perform robberies the gits!
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-