Meets National or Regional

Fishtown Phil
Benefactor
Current Ride: Xevo 125 Suzuki gs250t

Re: Meets National or Regional

Post by Fishtown Phil »

The Italian car & bike show in Bristol is held in April, so perhaps a little too soon for a national meet.

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Some great ideas coming out. The idea of linking in with another group seems to have a lot going for it in the sort term. I think we should be looking at September if we are thinking this Year. I get the impression that some of the Ladies would be not really up for camping but I might be wrong.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Suitable accommodation is always the issue, people have differing needs & budgets.

I don't believe camping only is a realistic option, but likewise hotel only wouldn't probably work for all.

Bunkhouses give a potential balance, but ideally with private rooms also available on the same site.

Unless we're lucky enough that a Travelodge is nearby and can be booked ahead cheaply. I know they're soulless and having walkable dinner options could be problematic, but may be workable.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

alp231
Benefactor
Current Ride: X max 300

Post by alp231 »

[quote="terryvanman"]Another alternative would be, Find a pub that allows groups of people to camp in the garden free, so long as they buy a beer/meal in the pub. One pub I use with the campervan club I'm in is, The Fox and Goose in Greywell near Basingstoke and a 2 minute walk to the Basingstoke canal for Nature lovers and fishing. http://ccs.infospace.com/ClickHandler.a ... D45B0F437F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another place is Apps Court Farm near Walton on Thames, the Thick As Thieves biker club use it every year for their club do. http://ccs.infospace.com/ClickHandler.a ... C5EF475000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These look good to me June is going to be lighter at night depending on the date ide be up for it

maxiscoot nz
Current Ride: maxi

Post by maxiscoot nz »

good job guys and why not .
Trying to do the same thing on a smaller scale at the other end of the world.

Fishtown Phil
Benefactor
Current Ride: Xevo 125 Suzuki gs250t

Post by Fishtown Phil »

Gerard C wrote:Some great ideas coming out. The idea of linking in with another group seems to have a lot going for it in the sort term. I think we should be looking at September if we are thinking this Year. I get the impression that some of the Ladies would be not really up for camping but I might be wrong.
I know one lady that wouldn't want to camp out! Nowhere to plug her Straighteners in :lol:
I agree with Poldarks post with reference to striking an even balance regarding accommodation based on varying budgets.
If the easiest thing is to link up with another group then it Might be worth looking at possible venues with perhaps holiday parks close to hand as another option to offer people! :D

Red Rick
Current Ride: SYM Joyride 200

Post by Red Rick »

maxsymiser wrote:Gerard C mentioned Duxford, they have an airshow on 13/14th September?
I know I'm a bit late with this post but maybe something riders might be interested in next year and similar to Duxford is the Yeovilton Air Day in Somerset during July. Its also not far from Cheddar Gorge so it nice riding country

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

will frisbee's be involved,,,if so...I'm in
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I second the Yeovilton suggestion although be aware there is NO shade and I cooked this year in spite of sun-hat, sun-block, gallons of water and so on!
Great display and venue, though.
There are a couple of Travelodges reasonably close at hand.

I'm also going to investigate a couple of pub B&B's close to me and close to Salisbury railway station. The pubs look a bit rundown but they're probably okay and I know they're cheap. It's an easy run from Salisbury to Yeovilton.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Red Rick
Current Ride: SYM Joyride 200

Post by Red Rick »

Waldorf wrote:I second the Yeovilton suggestion although be aware there is NO shade and I cooked this year in spite of sun-hat, sun-block, gallons of water and so on!
Great display and venue, though.
There are a couple of Travelodges reasonably close at hand.

I'm also going to investigate a couple of pub B&B's close to me and close to Salisbury railway station. The pubs look a bit rundown but they're probably okay and I know they're cheap. It's an easy run from Salisbury to Yeovilton.
I also think there's a pub which has a campsite up at Pewsey the Jawa OC use