Saturday Breakfast

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Saturday Breakfast

Post by Stephen »

mottza wrote:Might be able to make it
Hello Chris.....I am on a course for work tomorrow,Spoke to Barry today and he has done a route from the rookery to the tea hut,Martyn is due back from France today(Friday)he’ll be out for breakfast,but has to go elsewhere afterwards.Barry will have Dave with him,you’ve not met him,he’ll be on his Enfield or his White Burgman,breakfast is at 10am,normally leave about 11.15 on the ride,so i guess to expect them about 12.45ish,Barry said the planned route is about 90 minutes,hope you are keeping well?

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Stephen wrote:
Stephen wrote:There’ll be breakfast at the Rookery Cafe,Great North Rd, Welham Green, Hatfield, AL9 5SF usual time(i wont be there as i’ll be sitting in a classroom for 7 hours getting bored::CPC course,truck drivers have to do 35 hours classroom work every 5 years,most drivers break it down to one course a year,then we get our little blue CPC card renewed)their may well be a little bimble afterwards.

Steve
A bimble is planned ending up at High Beach Tea Hut Epping
Wish I had seen this earlier Next time. :(
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Sorry I didn't make it.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Sorry you did not make it Martyn. Barry, Steve and Dave turned up just after I just finished a sausage sandwich. Time for you to buy a new battery!
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Dave Weller wrote:Sorry you did not make it Martyn. Barry, Steve and Dave turned up just after I just finished a sausage sandwich. Time for you to buy a new battery!
Battery ordered must say I enjoyed the exercise pushing it the last 2 miles home as I managed to stall it! My fault really, I should've realised it was on the way out when it only took 15 mins for the CTek charger to show a green light last night having not run it for 5/6 weeks.

Also I'd just been extolling it's reliability at breakfast, which was clearly asking for it.

Sorry to miss you at High Beech, next time.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Dave Weller wrote:Sorry you did not make it Martyn. Barry, Steve and Dave turned up just after I just finished a sausage sandwich. Time for you to buy a new battery!
Sorry to have missed you Dave,next time you can get out under the fence,i’ll let you buy me a tea,i hope Linda hasn’t kept you to busy since her retirement :D

Martyn......Sorry to hear about the battery on the Honda,get yourself a new decent battery and that little old “SH”will still serve you well,

Weather permitting we’ll catch up next week.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

millie-mail
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 500

Post by millie-mail »

Sorry to hear this Martyn, I was behind you just before this thinking how nippy the SH looked, very impressed with how it kept up considering the curves and changes in elevation we went through.
Nice to see you again Dave, I will make sure my cables are lubed before we meet again. LOL

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Thankfully you got home Dave, I carry a spare cable on the CBF600, ever since the professional mechanics wrongly routed my Deauville clutch cable causing it to fray and the clutch to slip.
When I commuted into London on a Vespa 200 Electronic, I carried the gearchange cables, clutch cable, throttle cable and brake cable. also had a spare wheel under the bubble. In those days the A2 was mainly single lane with not many garages and of course I had no bike breakdown cover. (Vespa never broke down)
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

millie-mail wrote:Sorry to hear this Martyn, I was behind you just before this thinking how nippy the SH looked, very impressed with how it kept up considering the curves and changes in elevation we went through.
When it needed new rollers I fitted Dr Pulley sliders, which do the impossible of improving both performance & mpg.

I also use a Brisk plug, originally bought for the X9, well worth looking at YouTube (when you want to lose another 30 mins of your life) to see the Brisk LGS in action.

Anyways provided the battery I've ordered turns up as expected I'll give you another chance to catch me next Saturday. :kiss:
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Breakfast this Saturday 21st October is at Deep Mill Diner A413 London Road, Great Missenden HP16 0DH,with a short bimble afterwards ending up at a dealer in Wycombe.......

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright