Too cold in scotland

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Too cold in scotland

Post by Symcity »

Seems like everyone has gave up the ghost - little enthusiasm for scootering in Oct/nov - reckon tomorrow will be my last day until perhaps easter - if god spares me

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Too cold in scotland

Post by horobags »

have a good ride, make the most of it. 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Meldrew I think I am right in saying you now need continuous road tax. Is 6 monthly road tax still available ?
SORRY Meldrew I've just checked on line and 6 month tax is available for two wheeled vehicles over 400 cc.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

MT606
Current Ride: burgman 400 c90

Post by MT606 »

I was out n about last weekend, went down to Moffat to give the burgman a stretch of her legs n the battery a charge up.....

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

muddyfox wrote:Meldrew I think I am right in saying you now need continuous road tax. Is 6 monthly road tax still available ?
SORRY Meldrew I've just checked on line and 6 month tax is available for two wheeled vehicles over 400 cc.
The continuous tax of a bike only applies if it’s on the public highway. You could tax any size bike for just one calendar month (minimum period) per year if you wanted as long as you sorned it and kept it off the road when it wasn’t taxed. You can insure it whether it is taxed or not.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

went to Chorley on sunday on the SH, inner gloves, winter gloves and gortex mitts, I was feeling the chill just as we got home, the 70 mile round trip was just enough.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

It's not been too bad down here in the 'sarf. On the cold days I've just been using my neck tube to cover my mouth because I've got a sensitive tooth. I've not even put the thermal lining in my jacket yet.
Riding the Shadow with the forward controls is getting a bit chilly in jeans though, I think I'll have to tuck my jeans into my socks or use bicycle clips on my trouser bottoms, because the wind whistles right up. Ooh heck. :lol:

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

I normally keep my jacket, helmet and gloves in the garage with my scoot to avoid the nagging from 'er about them clogging up the hall. On cold mornings like today, I go out and bring them all into the kitchen half an hour before I’m due to leave to warm up. I may be a southern softy but I just don’t like putting on freezing a cold jacket and gloves before a cold bike ride to work.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I went out today on the J300 to get some more miles on and also to pay a visit to the dentist :o Not too bad i had chipped a tuff :lol: so only a 10min job to fill it with gloop...came home the long way round via A+D's cafe...bacon and mushrooms on toast ;) by i got home i was freezing, well my hand were.
dragged the Muffs from the sack and fitted them, so a test ride is now in order....seem very big..