Spain

yanky192

Spain

Post by yanky192 »

Hi all , This is a last minute thought , new to here in fact new to Scooters had large bikes all my life but enjoying the Scooter I have been to Europe before but this is the first time I will give it a go on the Scooter x-max 300 planning drive from Scotland to Portsmouth to Santander then head South just because the weather in the Picos DE Europa which is a peach of a place in summer but end of April is too cold and might even have snow so head South, camping I used to use hostels but I snore so I cant put people through the 2 stroke noise lol , I prefer scenery than tarmac and easy going not big miles although I can if need be for me coming from the North of Scotland and the price of Brittany ferry's the trip would have to be 14 days or more I am 54 and semi retired but holiday on a budget IE campsite 10/15 Euros fuel per day 10 Euros food drink Lidle 10 Euros that is both , sorry long winded but the more you know the better , take care Colin

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: Spain

Post by Snail »

Hey Colin, sounds like quite a plan, as you rightly say northern Spain will still be cold and could well have snow high up like the Pico's,
We haven't any experience of bike touring but have spent couple of winters in Spain in our motorhome touring, people don't realise how high a lot of central Spain is, when coming home from the med side across to the French border we always see snow late march early April,
We favour the med side for better weather as you don't get the Atlantic blow, if going down the western side towards Portugal better in may?
Have a good trip whatever you decide
Snail