Choo choo

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: Choo choo

Post by Snail »

Hi guys, Broadway station has no parking, they suggest pay and display in town 15 mins walk? Ambitious more 20 to 25 especially in bike gear.
The town parking has 1.5 car spaces free for bikes, not sure about other one, their website suggests they have toilets and a food shop, don't actually say cafe?
You could of course ride up the legendary fish hill to Broadway tower where there is a cafe, it's a good place to watch the vintage Banbury bike run chugging up the hill later in the year?
Chipping Norton is real ale country with it's own brewery Google Hook Norton brewery for info on tours, tastings, they still use horse drawn dray in summer locally, we have visited and stayed in both towns many times and are typical scenic Cotswold country
Ray if you decide to do a sortie on Thursday or friday give me a pm, didn't bother going today cleaned the scoot instead! Shame really as they had free shuttle service from car parks in an old Routemaster bus

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I bet it was heaving there. I went out along the back roads following the river Salwarpe. There's some expensive real estate out there. The great thing on two wheels is being able to go down the little lanes and drives and if necessary, apologising to the owner for trespassing. They never seem to mind, especially when you admire their property.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Hopefully, we will be going to Broadway station for around mid-day this coming Thursday (5th). The Bern is planning to come down and Snail is also going to try and make it. This is just to suss the place out and we might take a trip up Fish Hill to Broadway Tower.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

I'll be going up fish hill onwardly to Kingham anyway, been up & down the hill several times but always as part of a journey, consiquently no time to visit the tower, this would be a welcome first
Have wheels, will travel :D

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Sounds a good ride and check up..will keep an eye on the weather, ill check out my ( Pat's ) must do list in the morning :lol: