National Trust Members

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

National Trust Members

Post by rayb »

Are there any other members here? We belong to both NT and English Heritage and plan our holidays around them. It means we get our money's worth and are also less affected by the weather. I often pop into a site for a coffee when I'm out for a ride.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: National Trust Members

Post by rayb »

Each to their own. Because my wife is disabled, we often get to go through rooms and passages not open to the rif-raf. That can be interesting. And as you say, there's the cake. :)

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I've been a member for years, usually you can park close to the entrance and it must be the most secure places to park up. I've done most of the SE area places and keep going back. The NT has had a windfall from the EU as it manages the biggest unfarmed land in the UK, yet they still find it necessary to raise the entrance prices above inflation.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I belong to both; the NT Membership affords free parking in many of the open-air sites I like to visit - Studland Bay, for example.
I support English Heritage since they maintain certain sites, such as Uffington Castle & White Horse, which are free. They were maintained in days gone by by the Ministry of Works.
Stonehenge, another favourite haunt, is fabulously expensive (£20.00) to visit. Both Memberships give me unlimited, 'free' admission.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Post by rjc1944 »

I've been a member for years - it's a decent charity to support and it gives you the opportunity to just "dip in" to any of their sites rather than feel compared to "get your money's worth". Living in Cornwall we've got loads of properties locally and the availability of free car parking in many areas s another benefit.
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

In the days of the M of W one could park next to Uffington White Horse - it is a very-favourite place of mine.
Inevitably, with the advent of nearly everyone owning a car it became necessary to make a proper car park to save the monument from damage.
As far as I know it's still free; not been there for a year or two - must go again this Summer, not least because the B4494 over the Berkshire Downs from Newbury to Wantage is a great ride on a maxiscooter.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch