Mottza's 11th Pie and Mash Run - Sat 15th September

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: Mottza's 11th Pie and Mash Run - Sat 15th September

Post by rayb »

I always had onion gravy when I was a little lad in Battersea.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Only just had time to log on.

Fantastic ride out,thanks Chris for organising and leading As I said North Essex has some beautiful unspoilt country side (better if theyd stop building houses)

Great chat with good people and Gavin please don't take my opinion of Italian bikes to heart,if you'd been on a harley I'd have ripped you to shreds :lol:

Thank you people for your company (we even rode & spoke to motorcyclists :o

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

mottza wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:57 am At least they wasn't muppets...

Mind you one muppet had gravy!
Holy shit... :evil:
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

No Funky...it was definitely gravy!! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Data wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 am No Funky...it was definitely gravy!! :lol:
:) :) :)

Gav
Current Ride: 2005 Gilera Nexus

Post by Gav »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:35 am Only just had time to log on.

Fantastic ride out,thanks Chris for organising and leading As I said North Essex has some beautiful unspoilt country side (better if theyd stop building houses)

Great chat with good people and Gavin please don't take my opinion of Italian bikes to heart,if you'd been on a harley I'd have ripped you to shreds :lol:

Thank you people for your company (we even rode & spoke to motorcyclists :o
Thanks guys for following me home after the ol Italian Mama Scoot had fit of the vapours, more akin to incontinece.
Scootypuff I had hoped to show you some decent machinery, however Chris pulled up alongside the Aprilia at some roadworks and suggested going to the Beacon Hill Fort. Glad you all enjoyed that as the owners said how nice it was to see you, if not the bikes.

I think over around 5 decades of on off(literally on occassion)owned so many Cars bikes and boats that I can handle the odd jibe, someone somewhere has always something to say,whatsoever.
I clearly recall going to the Bike show (then at Olympia)on a coach with the Harlow Motorcycle club and discussions on what bike to buybigger more powerfull head was swimming with all the contrary advices. Mz and CZ came into the reckoning and along lifes highway I have been custodian for both marques.
There was also some heavy duty slaggings off about the Aermacchi/AMF-Harley-Davidson and the very poor build quality castings etc when then owned by the Italians that later bought Ducatti but as like Harley getting a government legup, Ducati had become independant again so Cagiva bought MV Augusta, I always wanted one however the Brutaile is too much in price and riding qualities and Cagiva had the designer of the Monster frame onboard so a very similar trellis frame with the proven Suzuki TLs within and Ohlin forks plus Brembos made for a better package(I have owned both naked and V Raptors.
After a trip to Pothrush last year there was a Monster in the Hotel car park that looked a lot like my naked Raptor

Sometimes on a summer evening I would take my Suzuki GT 185 rice burner my only ever new bike, saddled with HP repayments,and sit outside Searings as they had both SS750 and 900 models in the window, later joined by a Hesketh VTwin which was still there when I gravitated to a Kwaka KH 250 in for an MOT.

Could only dream of such excotica back then but that was the time they aquired a bad reputation for electrics but far better if rust prone brakes now you get the best of both worlds, the Atlantic ones are interlinked as were my first modular type AA that only had one single front disc albeit maybe due to a torquier engine but I find the front twin ones a tad mushy the rears still excellent for setting up the machine into corners.

Like Scooterists a lot of clubs still go under the same names .
Talking of which putting names to faces , oh and I was one of the treacherous ones, opting for Chish and Fips but since school days have always had a revulsion of mash, the Plaice s was excellent.

Nice day thanks to all and Motza for organising such a good outing glitches irrespective.
icon_power-ranger.gif